Lee - What if he struggles again?

beanman

Good gawd man. Felt like I was caught in the middle of my inlaws and wife feuding. I think Lee is the man. He's a great leader. Calm and cool. He had an amazing 4th quarter. I think he'll play just fine. I really believe it was weather and VaTech's defense is good. Look at what they did to miami. Harris was a mess. Settled down a little bit but they were eating him alive.

Yeah I see what you mean. I thought you were addressing me. What did I do? :)

Good gawd man. Felt like I was caught in the middle of my inlaws and wife feuding. I think Lee is the man. He's a great leader. Calm and cool. He had an amazing 4th quarter. I think he'll play just fine. I really believe it was weather and VaTech's defense is good. Look at what they did to miami. Harris was a mess. Settled down a little bit but they were eating him alive.

Well, I guess I won't ask a simple question again. I wasn't criticizing the guy. I was just asking a hypothetical question to see if there would be some discussion about it instead of bitching at me. I guess I forgot about that heavy downpour he was facing against Va Tech. It's funny that Gabberts passes, were for the most part on target compared to Lee's and at least he could hit a 5 yard swing pass out of the backfield. You guys all talk about stuff to keep your mind occupied during the week, so thanks for dumping on me. You can't blame everything on rain and poor blocking, because from what I saw, he had time to throw. Some of you guys are A-holes.

Well, I guess I won't ask a simple question again. I wasn't criticizing the guy. I was just asking a hypothetical question to see if there would be some discussion about it instead of bitching at me. I guess I forgot about that heavy downpour he was facing against Va Tech. It's funny that Gabberts passes, were for the most part on target compared to Lee's and at least he could hit a 5 yard swing pass out of the backfield. You guys all talk about stuff to keep your mind occupied during the week, so thanks for dumping on me. You can't blame everything on rain and poor blocking, because from what I saw, he had time to throw. Some of you guys are A-holes.

werent trying to dump on you bro, stating our opinions for the most part and the facepalms were because there have been a few threads about this!

you arent going to get everyone to agree with you and neither will someone with my opinion!

cant get bent out of shape over someone elses opinion on a message board....

Ah huskerboard....where a simple question during down time recieves endless ridicule. Chill out it was just a question. You're answers are great but why the attitude?

if you are referring to me, i dont know what you mean by attitude! that is laying everything that i believe to be true out on the table.

and the :facepalm: are because this thread has been started more than twice....just sayin....

I'll be sure to check the last 30 threads before I post something to make sure it hasn't been discussed just to make you happy. <_< Sorry must have missed it, ya know with my job and all not having time to sit on here all day.

I'll be sure to check the last 30 threads before I post something to make sure it hasn't been discussed just to make you happy. <_< Sorry must have missed it, ya know with my job and all not having time to sit on here all day.

Don't take it personal, man. This multi-thread thing is just a problem we've been dealing with for a while. You just happened to stumble into the middle of it. You're cool. No worries.

Ah huskerboard....where a simple question during down time recieves endless ridicule. Chill out it was just a question. You're answers are great but why the attitude?

Agreed. The facepalm has had it's day. It was a fun ride wasn't it? Someday we'll all look back at it and laugh. Maybe somebody will play "Memories." I've said it before, instead of embarrassing a poster, ignore the thread and it will drop off page one before you know it, no one gets hurt.

Now please, will someone quote and facepalm me, for old times sake, while I hum "auld lang syne."

Agreed. The facepalm has had it's day. It was a fun ride wasn't it? Someday we'll all look back at it and laugh. Maybe somebody will play "Memories." I've said it before, instead of embarrassing a poster, ignore the thread and it will drop off page one before you know it, no one gets hurt.

Now please, will someone quote and facepalm me, for old times sake, while I hum "auld lang syne."

You had me at hello.

:facepalm:

I don't expect to see him struggle, for one thing he does pretty good in Lincoln. However, if he starts throwing picks, or can't get the offense going, I think Bo might throw in Green for a series or two just to use Greens running abilities and see if he can move the offense. But then I would expect to see Lee back in the game. I think Lee would have to really stink up the joint badly to get pulled permanently at this point. It is his job until he loses it.

Not only has it been asked before, but I think we're tired of the hypothetical assumption that Lee will do poorly. He was the best QB on a really crappy day.

I guess it kind of rubs me the wrong way, like asking "Hey, what happens if _____ is caught selling drugs on a grade school playground?" Of course it's not that bad, but still, it just sounds ask for the worst case. Plus, it's the coaching staff's job to evaluate the players, and they have a lot more information to go on then we do.

Just trying to give some perspective on why I think people react to these questions. At least why I do.

If you want a clue as to what Bo and Watson are thinking, Green warming up in the Missouri game gave a good indication. Lee's 4th quarter no doubt bought him some extra slack, but it's not unlimited.

I have had a few discussions about this with friends and coworkers. Lets think about Lee's first tough game. He struggled against a tough, tough defense but honestly his numbers would be a little better with some of the completions that should have been caught. But Lane Stadium is a tough venue for any QB let alone a first year starter. Then he struggled in the rain at Missouri and I will give it to Missouri's D...they played pretty well on defense. I guarantee they played us like Colorado plays us...tough, because we are and always will be a target to these teams.

However, I still blame Watson partly for Lee's struggles in those two games. I know Helu had the flu and I HEARD that Lee is still favoring his left hand a bit (not sure how true that is on Lee's hand). So that is probably why we did more things out of the shotgun. But when we did go in an ace set...we ran the ball everytime. You could see that Missouri knew exactly what were running. We called plays that ran sideline to sideline and I knew Missouri had to speed to cover that...I dare say everyone could see that in the game. But there were no adjustments done there. I also know they loaded the box with 8 guys, but I think power against power we could still get the yards we needed to move the sticks. Just my opinion on that one. I do know that is why we passed more was because of Helu being sick and Missouri loaded up the box. So we can't blame Lee there.

Bottomline, the coaches know more about what is going on with the players and what is the most effecient way to use their team. I say we just have to wait to see how this TT game plays out before we can say anything about our offense. It is too early to judge where we are at with the games we played. Missouri would have told us a lot, but that rain was probably awful for both sides to play in. So now I have pushed back my opinions until we see what we do against Tech. Lets hope for the best, because I think we will need it...respect has to go towards TT's offense or it will bite us.