Dontrayevous Robinson

Theres another article that says Robinson would have to be heads and shoulders ahead of the other guys. If they were even then there's no sense in burning his redshirt. I really think it will be Ward and Mendoza combining to take over burkheads spot. I think they will each get about 5 carries a game now and possibly throw in a catch or two for mendoza.

I heard that he told coach Beck he was willing to burn his redshirt to step and play. But i havent heard anything more than that.

You really think it's his call? Bo just asks the players how to run his football team? Yeah, ok.

It's not like they are going to randomly, in a game situation, bring Robinson out to play without saying a word to him any time before hand.

It's not that coaches are going to 'ask' him if he wants to burn his red shirt, but they are going to discuss the situation with him and make sure it's ok with him. What would that do for player/coach trust if the coaches won't even discuss prominent issues with them?

I would think Dontrayevous would have to be a LOT better than the other backs to go from scout team to #2 in the course of a week. If this is really the case, then I am really curious to know what on earth could possibly be holding the other RBs back. Is it really possible that the entire stable of backs behind Helu are so bad that not one but TWO true freshmen have already surpassed them? And if that is the case, why where the coaches so keen to get Okafor back when he quite if they don't think he has the talent to play ahead of these kids?

This is interesting to me, as well. Having heard absolutely nothing about Robinson since spring and fall camp, I'm surprised to see him being seriously considered. He must have really stepped up his game in the last few days in order to be a serious contender.

I'm not so worried about the other backs. Sometimes a kid's will and desire to play is stronger than another kid's, and that's why he makes a huge jump.

And as far as Okafor is concerned, I think the coaches just didn't want the kid making a decision he would regret, and I think they want to keep these guys so it provides a lot of competition. You need to be deep at the RB position, and even though Okafor hasn't been a contributing factor in game time, it would still hurt to lose any one of those guys in one way or another.