Dontrayevous Robinson

I'd hold your horses on this one for now. It sounds like Beck still doesn't have a damn clue who the number 2 guy will be but Trey had a good day in practice. Also all parties are willing to burn the shirt if it means early playing time. If he's the best we got, saddle up. Still creates major questions about our depth at the position, though.

May the best guy play. We have him for 4 years, instead of 5. There will be another guy coming in behind him waiting to push him out the door.

I was once a guy that believed in redshirting, even if it sacrificed some quality at a position. Not anymore.

Just Win! more players will find their way to NU.

On the front page of Huskers Illustrated there is a teaser that says that Robinson is a front runner for the backup spot at running back. Does anyone have any more info? I would like for him to keep his redshirt, but I'd rather win now.

The article roughly discusses that Robinson is a front-runner to take over the #2 position. Beck says that the battle isn't over yet for who takes the spot, and that he'll know more after watching Wednesday's film. But it appears that Robinson has a very good chance of becoming the #2 back, just as good if not better than the other stable of guys they already have.

On the front page of Huskers Illustrated there is a teaser that says that Robinson is a front runner for the backup spot at running back. Does anyone have any more info? I would like for him to keep his redshirt, but I'd rather win now.

The article roughly discusses that Robinson is a front-runner to take over the #2 position. Beck says that the battle isn't over yet for who takes the spot, and that he'll know more after watching Wednesday's film. But it appears that Robinson has a very good chance of becoming the #2 back, just as good if not better than the other stable of guys they already have.

I would think Dontrayevous would have to be a LOT better than the other backs to go from scout team to #2 in the course of a week. If this is really the case, then I am really curious to know what on earth could possibly be holding the other RBs back. Is it really possible that the entire stable of backs behind Helu are so bad that not one but TWO true freshmen have already surpassed them? And if that is the case, why where the coaches so keen to get Okafor back when he quite if they don't think he has the talent to play ahead of these kids?