Can we turn up the volume in Memorial stadium?

Twodocs

I think Nebraska fans are a little overdramatic about our stadium not being loud enough. It gets just as loud as any other stadium (save a very small number) when games are on the line or we are playing against highly ranked teams.

We have been beating up on people for so many years that we never had to be super loud, but think about how loud it was for '06 Texas, the beginning of '07 USC, '01 Oklahoma, '08 Virginia Tech, etc. Do you really think other stadiums are THAT loud for every single game, including the cupcakes? I don't know for sure but my guess is no.

True, it gets more than loud enough when it has to.

I think Nebraska fans are a little overdramatic about our stadium not being loud enough. It gets just as loud as any other stadium (save a very small number) when games are on the line or we are playing against highly ranked teams.

We have been beating up on people for so many years that we never had to be super loud, but think about how loud it was for '06 Texas, the beginning of '07 USC, '01 Oklahoma, '08 Virginia Tech, etc. Do you really think other stadiums are THAT loud for every single game, including the cupcakes? I don't know for sure but my guess is no.

I agree with most of that, but why does it take a big game for us to be loud? I attend every home game and I was just as loud at the Ark. St. game this year as I was vs. Texas in 2006... Obviously when its a big game there are more opportunities to be loud, but until the game is out of hand I would like to see us stay loud.

Another thing I cannot stand is how everyone stands up for the kickoff, then the defense comes out and we all stand and yell then after the 1st play damn near everyone sits down as quick as they can.

Even at the big games we can be much louder, and we don't have to wait until 3rd down everytime. Generally people are loud for the first 3-4 defensive plays of the game, and on 3rd or 4th down defensive plays, and after the officials make a horrible call. Other than that, it's rarely loud at all. Why not be loud, I mean LOUD, on EVERY... SINGLE... DEFENSIVE... SNAP?

I agree (although not quite so rudely), if everyone could just make some sort of noise, it would be great. Maybe it will rain a little... precipitation always loosens people up and helps them out of their shell for whatever reason. I just think about 2 out of every 3 people seem to be too shy or just have no interest in yelling. Seriously people, it's not embarrassing. Every defensive snap your vocal cords should be exercised in some way. It doesn't have to be screaming at the top of your lungs (at least until 3rd down) but make some sort of audible noise.

A little rain and a little cool air brings out the whiskey, and whiskey gets ya a good three quarters of noise until they pass out or puke.