Can we turn up the volume in Memorial stadium?

Twodocs

How loud can we make Memorial stadium? Leach doews not like road noise on his team! :hellloooo:hellloooo

"But the Red Raiders have lost three straight true road games since winning at Kansas last October.

"The Big 12 is a tough road conference," Tech coach Mike Leach said. "Any time you get stadiums loud enough, that impede communication as much as the Big 12 stadiums, that's one of the biggies.""

Eric Olson AP article link

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/AP.../D9BC98VG4.html

:restore:yeah

As many times as we ask for volume increase in Memorial Stadium, we'll still have the majority of people that just stand/sit there and watch. It really irritates me. If every person would all make noise, whether it is yelling, clapping or even just jingling keys or some sh#t, it would increase the volume dramatically. Problem is, people don't think that atmosphere actually affects the game, or they don't put two and two together... :bang

As many times as we ask for volume increase in Memorial Stadium, we'll still have the majority of people that just stand/sit there and watch. It really irritates me. If every person would all make noise, whether it is yelling, clapping or even just jingling keys or some sh#t, it would increase the volume dramatically. Problem is, people don't think that atmosphere actually affects the game, or they don't put two and two together... :bang

Nebraska could be such an intimidating place to play if the majority of those in attendance had a clue.

A nice start would be the FREAKING BLUE HAIRS GET OFF THEIR old A$$ES or STAY HOME!!!

Seriously, apply the ben gay, take some hydrocodone, put on your back brace, turn up the power on the oxygen tank and get those old lungs a pumping! If you don't want to do that then give the tickets to your great grandson. This isn't a stroll through the cemetery to pick out plots. This is a FOOTBALL game! Those red cross workers get tired of carrying you out!!!! :facepalm:

I shall be there Saturday and I will be spazzing out like I have a seizure disorder... :steam

GO BIG RED

I agree (although not quite so rudely), if everyone could just make some sort of noise, it would be great. Maybe it will rain a little... precipitation always loosens people up and helps them out of their shell for whatever reason. I just think about 2 out of every 3 people seem to be too shy or just have no interest in yelling. Seriously people, it's not embarrassing. Every defensive snap your vocal cords should be exercised in some way. It doesn't have to be screaming at the top of your lungs (at least until 3rd down) but make some sort of audible noise.

A nice start would be the FREAKING BLUE HAIRS GET OFF THEIR old A$$ES or STAY HOME!!!

Seriously, apply the ben gay, take some hydrocodone, put on your back brace, turn up the power on the oxygen tank and get those old lungs a pumping! If you don't want to do that then give the tickets to your great grandson. This isn't a stroll through the cemetery to pick out plots. This is a FOOTBALL game! Those red cross workers get tired of carrying you out!!!! :facepalm:

I shall be there Saturday and I will be spazzing out like I have a seizure disorder... :steam

GO BIG RED

Amen brother. I will be loud! and will loose my voice.

Anybody know if Memorial is louder or quieter, on average, than it was last year? Just curious.

I dont think it is any louder or less loud, it just depends on the game. LA LAFF was extremely loud because everyone was pi$$ed we lost at VT. Now that we won on the road, I am curious to see how the crowd reacts.

Another thing: I think it's sad how people need to have the music played or have the PA announcer tell them when to make noise. What is so hard about knowing, when you're on defense, you make noise? Seems simple to remember. And yet a 3rd down will come and 80% of the crowd will just sit their until the speakers boom, "STAND UP AND SHOUT!" then suddenly people are like, "Oh... alright."

I think Nebraska fans are a little overdramatic about our stadium not being loud enough. It gets just as loud as any other stadium (save a very small number) when games are on the line or we are playing against highly ranked teams.

We have been beating up on people for so many years that we never had to be super loud, but think about how loud it was for '06 Texas, the beginning of '07 USC, '01 Oklahoma, '08 Virginia Tech, etc. Do you really think other stadiums are THAT loud for every single game, including the cupcakes? I don't know for sure but my guess is no.