Nebraska land another commit?

Just got word that Nebraska has received a verbal from a 4 start prospect. I won't say who it is or what position at the moment, mainly for 2 reasons. The first reason would make it obvious who it is. The second reason is the fact he has one team that is heavily after him and doesn't want to be pressured by the hometown fans. The coaching staff wants him to take the visit to Lincoln to make sure that's where he wants to be before they accept his verbal. He loves the coaching staff and has been a fan of Callahan since he was in Oakland according to him. He's got a few offers from some heavyweigfht programs and other top programs are on the brink of offering him. Just thought i throw this out there. And NO, i wont mention who it is because last time i said something, i got attacked by the whole board over the whole Nyan Boateng switching his decision at the last minute. All i will say is that he is from West Coast.

And NO, i wont mention who it is because last time i said something, i got attacked by the whole board over the whole Nyan Boateng switching his decision at the last minute. All i will say is that he is from West Coast.

Thanks for the nsight Nameless, even if it is a "nameless-commit" at this point. But for the record Im pretty sure you werent attacked by this board b/c I dont think you were around here quite yet during the Boateng debacle. ;)

Oh God, not this garbage again.

This board was one of the more enjoyable ones, now Nameless' is going to ruin it with this mindless dribble.

Once any 4-star recruit commits to Nebraska, what will be the first thing Nameless will say? "I told you so."

The same thing happened at BHF last year, and it is happenening again this year.

Hopefully after the last 2 boards Nameless has ruined with his 'inside' information, the admin's here will have him on a very short leash.

Oh God, not this garbage again.

This board was one of the more enjoyable ones, now Nameless' is going to ruin it with this mindless dribble.

Once any 4-star recruit commits to Nebraska, what will be the first thing Nameless will say? "I told you so."

The same thing happened at BHF last year, and it is happenening again this year.

Hopefully after the last 2 boards Nameless has ruined with his 'inside' information, the admin's here will have him on a very short leash.

:clap:rollin:rollin

Couldnt have said it better myself! :cheers

Until these kids sign in Feb. nothing is certain. Look at that Powe kid last year. How many times did he change his mind?

How come everyone has some one with inside information? Just asking.

Couldnt agree with you more :thumbs

Until they are in uniform, it doesnt mean much.

So are you saying that verbal commitments dont mean anything??? Thats funny because last year, 31 of the 34 verbals commited, which is far better than the 0 guys who will be in uniform that didnt verbally commit. Maybe Frank thought the way you did former. :thumbs

How about the 5 or so guys that committed, signed, yet havent qualified :wacko:

Or the Harris guy out of NY that signed to play basketball, and backed out???

Its gonna be 5 years until we know if the 2004 class was great, or greatly over-hyped. You can take that to the bank.

So are you saying that verbal commitments dont mean anything??? Thats funny because last year, 31 of the 34 verbals commited, which is far better than the 0 guys who will be in uniform that didnt verbally commit. Maybe Frank thought the way you did former. :thumbs

BTW, no those verbals dont mean anything YET. How many wins have these guys put in the record books???

Until they do, it doesnt mean anything. Just ask Texas.

Lorenzo Jones, Marcus Gordon, Calvin Mickens, Nyan Boateng, Reggie Smith, and Adam Myers-White are just a few guys from last year that either had a Verbal or were rumored(by folks on message boards) to of had one. Like I said before until Feb. nothing is certain. Crap Seth Olson and Allen Everidge with verbals in 04 until the coaching changes. I know that is not the same thing but once again they had VERBAL commitments to the Big Red and didn't come here.