Ganz Leadership v. Wats Playcalling

Wow, just a few weeks ago I was chided on here because I said we did not want Watson as our head coach because he sucked, I don't want to say I told you so.........

I only said "go home to Colorado" because I knew that if he did, we wouldn't have to worry about you beating us. :lol:

Seriously, you can say "I told you so" as much as you want. I'm listening to you!

Don't worry, I am in no posistion to say much of anything...lol

Wow, just a few weeks ago I was chided on here because I said we did not want Watson as our head coach because he sucked, I don't want to say I told you so.........

I only said "go home to Colorado" because I knew that if he did, we wouldn't have to worry about you beating us. :lol:

Seriously, you can say "I told you so" as much as you want. I'm listening to you!

Don't worry, I am in no posistion to say much of anything...lol

me either....LOL

I think Nate Swift and Todd Peterson knowing how to get open helped. I think Matt Slauson and Murtha were better then anything we have this year.

Sorry man . . . you have to give it up now. Joe Ganz was twice the qb Zac Lee will ever be. The most important thing a college qb can have is a good head for the game and it is painfully obvious that Lee does not have this. It doesn't matter who your receivers are if you lock onto one and never bother to even LOOK at the others. Lee needs to be benched . . . now. He might be the safest option we have but he is never going to be a playmaker.

Hopefully I am wrong with this and Lee proves himself. I've given him the benefit of the doubt for half the season. I'm ready to jump on the true freshman bandwagon. :wasted

I really do think it's time for Green to get his shot. As others have stated, it can't be any worse than whats happening now. Lee doesn't lead this team, and that showed last week at Missou, Suh had to console him. Lee makes one bad pass and he cries the rest of the game, he lets it get to him and he gets worse and worse and worse. Green might at least bring something to the team, maybe a little emotion on the offense. I'm sure he'll have problems and i'm sure our receivers will make him look horrible as they couldn't catch a ball the size of a globe thrown in their direction. I've seen girls with better hands that 99% of our receivers, and that is pathetic because I think these girls might be bigger men than Paul, Holt, etc.

We need receivers that can catch the mother friggin ball, and if they can't they need to get some splinters on their ass on the bench. We need Lee on that same bench and unless any of them can step up and do their friggin job they continue to use up their scholarship sitting on that bench. I thought Gillylen had finally come into his own this year, nope he is still the same stone handed receiver he was last year. He got a few catches early and back to hands of stone like the rest of the receivers.

I hate to blame things on the players. I remember this board going crazy on Grixby and Shanle. Many were saying how much they sucked and they cost us this game or that...all I would ever say is that you can't blame a kid for going in and doing his best. Besides, I think, much as I was saying all along, it wasn't Grixby and Shanle...it was Cosgrove. Don't forget, it is a coaches decision who to play. I would never expect Lee to bench himself. If Green is the better QB, then it is up to the coaches to bench Lee and put in Green. Coming on this board and calling out certain players is not productive and it is nonsensical. As I watched the game, I believe the coaches did the right thing. They stuck with the older, more experienced player until it was clear to them that he was not cutting it. We can argue weather or not they pulled the trigger soon enough, but to say all sorts of negative things about Lee’s “lack of leadership” etc., is really not fair. I believe he is doing his best, and I believe the coaches eventually made the right decision. End of story.

I hate to blame things on the players. I remember this board going crazy on Grixby and Shanle. Many were saying how much they sucked and they cost us this game or that...all I would ever say is that you can't blame a kid for going in and doing his best. Besides, I think, much as I was saying all along, it wasn't Grixby and Shanle...it was Cosgrove. Don't forget, it is a coaches decision who to play. I would never expect Lee to bench himself. If Green is the better QB, then it is up to the coaches to bench Lee and put in Green. Coming on this board and calling out certain players is not productive and it is nonsensical. As I watched the game, I believe the coaches did the right thing. They stuck with the older, more experienced player until it was clear to them that he was not cutting it. We can argue weather or not they pulled the trigger soon enough, but to say all sorts of negative things about Lee’s “lack of leadership” etc., is really not fair. I believe he is doing his best, and I believe the coaches eventually made the right decision. End of story.

:yeah