Zack Lee or Cody Green

I just want to see Green start because I want to see how he comes out and manages the game from the beginning. I want to see how well he does passing when we're not desperate to get on the scoreboard, and how well he can move when pressured. I don't expect tremendous things from him this year, but you can tell he has potential and we all want to see what he can do.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me a bit of Lee starts, and I almost expect him to. And even if Green does start, it's not like we'll be seeing the last of Lee. I'm sure they'll both be game-time decisions for the rest of the year, and I doubt either is clear-cut better than the other.

Ditto

And

Ditto.

Who do you think gets the start against Iowa State?

I have a feeling CG might. The way Bo made it sound in his post-game, he was not happy with his reads and game management. CG may be young but he is well worth the investment. He did get our offense moving when Lee couldn't and was able to put a TD on the board. He did make some mistakes which I believe comes with youth and a lack of bug game experience but I thought he did pretty well getting thrown into the situation.

I am betting they will start with Lee and give him a very short leash and then Give CG significant playing time. I love the threat that CG gives us with the run. Especially with our running back all banged up. Whatever happened to the option?

^^ agreed

Let Lee start and hopefully he has a great game.. But if he shows any of the those "i'm scared coach, BLOW THE WHISTLE :ahhhhhhhh BLOW THE WHISTLE :ahhhhhhhh !!" moments... Green has to come on. IMO, Lee's had his opportunities to put this kind of talk far far behind, yet, it's the #1 question in NU football (IMO).

BLOW THE WHISTLE :ahhhhhhhh

I don’t care who starts as long as we win, if it’s Lee ok, if it’s Green fine by me. The thing that has always baffled me is how some fans have what appears to be a blind allegiance towards Green which started as soon as this he stepped on campus and was based off of video footage of High School games (which everyone looks good since they are HIGHLIGHT tapes). :moreinteresting I don’t understand that, but maybe that is just me.

Also for all the people that compared him to Terrelle Pryor I have to ask, if he takes over the spot this year (just like Pryor)and does pretty good this year but then comes back next year and totally struggles (just like Pryor) will you jump off his bandwagon for the next guy inline? :madash

What happens if Lee has a good showing on Saturday and Green has a poor one? Kind of like the ISU game in 2003 when people wanted Dailey to play more, Lord got us up by 20+ got replaced by Dailey who then proceeded to take a big dump*. Will people’s stances change at all? :dunno

*Disclaimer: By saying “take a big dump” I don’t mean Joe Dailey literally deposited a pile of fecal matter on the Memorial Stadium turf. I just want to clarify that because I confused someone with my use of the word “boner” in a different thread.

Assuming Green does become the starter and Gabbert comes here, I'd assume everyone would bail from the Green bandwagon and hop onto the Gabbert bandwagon next year if Green struggles. You'll never get so much love if you're the backup QB, but that love quickly disappears when you become the starter. While I'm not a fan at all of rotating QB's, I'd be ok with it as long as it results in a WIN and hard play.

So what now? Can Pelini seriously not look at this situation and say that Green doesn't need to be given a shot? For all of you Lee lovers, he has had his chance. No you can not blame Saturday's game all on him but he is not a natural fit in this offense. We need a shot in the arm and maybe, just maybe, Green is the answer. What else do we have to lose...WE JUST LOST TO IOWA STATE AT HOME!!!