Zack Lee or Cody Green

Who do you think gets the start against Iowa State?

I have a feeling CG might. The way Bo made it sound in his post-game, he was not happy with his reads and game management. CG may be young but he is well worth the investment. He did get our offense moving when Lee couldn't and was able to put a TD on the board. He did make some mistakes which I believe comes with youth and a lack of bug game experience but I thought he did pretty well getting thrown into the situation.

From what we have seen against teams not from the sun belt...

Lee - locks onto first option, does not see the whole field. Not a real running threat. Might know more of the offense in the film room or practice, but it is not translating to plays when it counts.

Green - He's green. He makes the rookie mistakes. Looks like he has absolute trust in his physical abilities, which is both good and bad. Some of the trouble throws he had in the game may be trusting his arm to 'Favre' the ball in there. He is much more mobile. Would like to see him in a situation where he does not need to throw every down.

If the staff believes Green is the future, start him now. Use ISU and BU to make the freshman mistakes. In all honesty, this year our best hope looks like a North division title. Regardless of who we start at QB. So, I'm of the mindset of play for the future. If Green is projected by the staff to be the starter for the next 3 years, might as well make it 3 and a half.

From what we have seen against teams not from the sun belt...

Lee - locks onto first option, does not see the whole field. Not a real running threat. Might know more of the offense in the film room or practice, but it is not translating to plays when it counts.

Green - He's green. He makes the rookie mistakes. Looks like he has absolute trust in his physical abilities, which is both good and bad. Some of the trouble throws he had in the game may be trusting his arm to 'Favre' the ball in there. He is much more mobile. Would like to see him in a situation where he does not need to throw every down.

If the staff believes Green is the future, start him now. Use ISU and BU to make the freshman mistakes. In all honesty, this year our best hope looks like a North division title. Regardless of who we start at QB. So, I'm of the mindset of play for the future. If Green is projected by the staff to be the starter for the next 3 years, might as well make it 3 and a half.

I totally agree. :clap

You're in a real pickle either way. Green is going to make mistakes and likely blow a game before the season is over. But he has potential. Huge potential. Zac Lee has demonstrated that he doesn't have what it takes to play at this level. Granted he's getting no help from his line or receivers, but his own errant reads and throws are on him. At least with Green you make a down payment on next year, which is fine since you burned his shirt already.

You're in a real pickle either way. Green is going to make mistakes and likely blow a game before the season is over. But he has potential. Huge potential. Zac Lee has demonstrated that he doesn't have what it takes to play at this level. Granted he's getting no help from his line or receivers, but his own errant reads and throws are on him. At least with Green you make a down payment on next year, which is fine since you burned his shirt already.

Well said - I completely agree! :cheers

Well said - I completely agree! :cheers

+1

I can't remember seeing Lee throw the ball right when the receiver makes his break. That's when the db is looking at the receiver and trying to figure out which way he is going. If you throw the ball then, you have a big advantage. If you wait longer you are asking for trouble. At least Cody throws the ball when it is supposed to be delivered. Don't forget when Cody made the bad throws, he was behind and it wasn't time to throw the ball away and maybe get 'em next series. He forced the ball because he had to force the ball.

I was on the Lee bandwagon and may have said in a post that he would make us forget Joe Ganz. Now I find myself wishing Witt were still here. It is time for Cody Green.

Agreed.