Zack Lee or Cody Green

To start Cody Green would be simply finding an excuse for potential future bad performances. We're afraid our O is gonna continue to stink it up, but we want to be able to feel better about it.

Not exactly, I really would like to see us get as much as we can out of Cody Green at this point. I mean we burned his redshirt and yeah there will be rough spots but I honestly think at this juncture that he can and will make bigger plays for us than Zac will.

Who do you think gets the start against Iowa State?

I have a feeling CG might. The way Bo made it sound in his post-game, he was not happy with his reads and game management. CG may be young but he is well worth the investment. He did get our offense moving when Lee couldn't and was able to put a TD on the board. He did make some mistakes which I believe comes with youth and a lack of bug game experience but I thought he did pretty well getting thrown into the situation.

Yeah that INT Green threw was really nice. Right to the defender. He's worse than Lee and Lee is horrible...

Here's is the only question that needs to be answered.....

Would you rather struggle with Lee or Green?

Lee has shown he cannot play at this level and so if he continues to play we will continue to struggle.

If Green plays he will more than likely have rookie mistakes that we will struggle through. However, this makes the next 3 years that much easier and better. If Lee continues to play and Green doesnt get the experience then we get to go through this all over again in 2 years. I dont wanna do that.

Green plays EVERY snap the rest of the season. Sorry Lee, you had your chance.

Lee has shown he cannot play at this level and so if he continues to play we will continue to struggle.

If Green plays he will more than likely have rookie mistakes that we will struggle through. However, this makes the next 3 years that much easier and better. If Lee continues to play and Green doesnt get the experience then we get to go through this all over again in 2 years. I dont wanna do that.

You're absolutely right. Either option has a considerable downside, but frankly even in the short term I'm more comfortable with Green. This may have disastrous consequences when Oklahoma comes to town, but you can throw a big game for three more years with an experienced quarterback. You've already burned his his redshirt bridge. You're already standing on this side of the river. Time to march forward with that decision and live with the consequences.

You're absolutely right. Either option has a considerable downside, but frankly even in the short term I'm more comfortable with Green. This may have disastrous consequences when Oklahoma comes to town, but you can throw a big game for three more years with an experienced quarterback. You've already burned his his redshirt bridge. You're already standing on this side of the river. Time to march forward with that decision and live with the consequences.

Agreed.

It seems like half the play calls made are QB draws or runs of some kind. If you're going to do that, put in the dude that's 6'4 with a huge stride so at least you have a chance. Plus, our O-line looks awful, put the more mobile QB in if they break. He might not be as good a pure passer as Lee, but considering we had precious few options to even throw it to open receivers, what do we have to lose? Start him now if you're going to start him, we have ISU and Baylor coming up. The time to do it is now.

Agreed.

Look at it this way. They were both in the same spot on the field.

Zac on 4 th down throws the ball over everyone and doesn't even give a receiver a chance to make a play.

Sure Green threw a int but at least he his throw was low enough that a player could have made a play.

He at least stepped up in the pocket and threw downfield.

I bet Watson was happy that Green didn't score at the end or he would have had to explain his reasoning of pulling Green after his two passes were dropped by the receivers and putting Zac back in for another series.

Who do you think gets the start against Iowa State?

I have a feeling CG might. The way Bo made it sound in his post-game, he was not happy with his reads and game management. CG may be young but he is well worth the investment. He did get our offense moving when Lee couldn't and was able to put a TD on the board. He did make some mistakes which I believe comes with youth and a lack of bug game experience but I thought he did pretty well getting thrown into the situation.

Yeah that INT Green threw was really nice. Right to the defender. He's worse than Lee and Lee is horrible...

That's a bold statement considering Green has barely played this year. He was having to throw all the way because we were down big and had little time left. Their D knew what we were having to do, so they just sat back and waited for the throws. Some have VERY short memories, when Tommie Frazier came in his freshman year, our offense before him under Mike Grant was VERY lethargic. Tommie and Co. even lost a "gimmie" game against Iowa St. Yet, it gave our offense a huge lift most of they way and they were a diferent team (on offense) under him. I don't see what it can hurt to give Cody Green a chance to start, he looked way better in the pocket today than Lee did and he has played very little.