Zack Lee or Cody Green

wow!!!!green had his chance today and didn't shine that well. Lee has led us to 4-1 up to today. Lets see...against VA Tech we had the game won until.....oh the defense lost that one. 31 points today?????well 21 of those 31 were given up by Suh and company..so we bench Suh.....Lee until he can't produce any more....today was just a bump in the road...we are still headed for the Big 12 Championship....

Wait are you seriously blaming the defense in this post :wtf

wow!!!!green had his chance today and didn't shine that well. Lee has led us to 4-1 up to today. Lets see...against VA Tech we had the game won until.....oh the defense lost that one. 31 points today?????well 21 of those 31 were given up by Suh and company..so we bench Suh.....Lee until he can't produce any more....today was just a bump in the road...we are still headed for the Big 12 Championship....

This is a joke right? Oh in the VA Tech game the offense that DIDN"T SCORE A SINGLE TOUCHDOWN, defense played their effing hearts in that game and im sorry that since our offense didn't play a single good down and our defense had to be out there what seemed the entire night they were bound to give up points, Suh and company is the only thing keeping this team afloat.

Anyways GBR.

Wait are you seriously blaming the defense in this post :wtf

:yeah

I find it somewhat telling that Green was able to produce a TD-scoring drive, something Lee wasn't able to do for the entirety of the VA Tech game, three quarters of the Mizzou game, and during his time on the field today.

Green is definitely a rookie with rookie kinks to work out. But he makes plays that establishes drives, even though he can be too impulsive (again, a rookie kink). The flipside of that is Lee, who is way too cautious and jittery when trying to maneuver in and out of the pocket. We're looking at a lesser-of-two-evils situation here. I'm leaning towards letting Green start for Iowa State. If he can light a fire under the O's butts and establish score-producing drives, then he earns a start for Baylor as well.

You can spin it any way your want. But the bottom line is, who looks like the better player right now? To me it is Green by a long shot. He stands in the pocket with more poise than 95% of true freshmen I have ever seen, releases the ball when he's supposed to and fires it in with pretty solid accuracy and confidence. He keeps his eyes downfield and yet still manages to elude pressure very well, even when lineman get a handful of jersey. Lee looks jittery and nervous, sometimes imagines pressure and can completely misfire even the short and simple routes. He's too scared of pulling the trigger on anything longer than 10 yards most of the time, and takes sacks because of it.

Do I think Green is going to be Tommie Frazier or Eric Crouch or even Joe Ganz right away? Of course not. He'll make plenty of bone-headed freshman errors and maybe even lose us a game. But we have to score points to win games, and we are very little threat to do that with Lee at the helm. Aside from a big fourth quarter against Missouri (aided by amazing field position twice from our defense getting INTs), Lee has not led a TD drive against a real defense. Not one against VT and not one against TT. That's unacceptable. We have the best defense we've had since 03, but unfortunately (under Lee) we also have the worst offense since 03 (and possibly worse than that one).

If we can just develop some form of deep passing threat, the whole offense will improve because of it, and if we can score 20-25 points, our defense is good enough to keep us in any game. Even OU. But we aren't going to be able to do that with Lee. I'm sorry, great kid and I have nothing against him personally, but that's the truth.

Cody Green needs to start. I will say the same thing as I did after the VT game. Better now to play Green and get him ready for the future. We are all going to be upset with future losses (definitely v. OU and @KU...and perhaps another one somewhere before it ends)...so let's just play Green now so we can start bringing him along. Lee is not taking us to any magical BCS game this year, that is obvious. Thank you Zac Lee for a memorable comeback game against Mizzou but it is now time for CG! Let's see what the kid can do!

Okay let's preface this with something...

Green looks more talented and wanted to make more plays... but i have to ask a question....

Why is it that Lee get's raped by the same people that praise Green for the EXACT SAME THING? Lee throws a shovel pass and people ream him because he's terrible, Green throws a shovel pass and he's awesome because he completed a pass. Lee overthrows a receiver and he's a terrible QB, Green overthrows a receiver and the receiver is terrible because he couldn't go up and get the pass. Lee makes a tight throw to mcneill that gets caught for a 1st down and he gets cussed at because he made a bad decision, Green throws a ball over the middle that gets tipped and Gilleylen drops it after that tip and all of the sudden Green made a great throw and Gilleylen needed to catch it (i agree w/ the catch, not the throw)... Lee sits in the pocket too long and he gets ripped for not making a play with his feet, he scrambles and gets the 1st down with his feet, and he's ripped because he took too long and didnt try to hit an open receiver.

I'm not over exaggerating at all here. I get a ton of people thing Green is the future, maybe he is. I understand that Lee wasn't playing great. But as a fan, shouldn't we want what is best for the team? Why should we boo and complain about someone for making X play while we praise and clap for another person making X play? I guess I am struggling to grasp why that is the situation.

Cody Green needs to start. I will say the same thing as I did after the VT game. Better now to play Green and get him ready for the future. We are all going to be upset with future losses (definitely v. OU and @KU...and perhaps another one somewhere before it ends)...so let's just play Green now so we can start bringing him along. Lee is not taking us to any magical BCS game this year, that is obvious. Thank you Zac Lee for a memorable comeback game against Mizzou but it is now time for CG! Let's see what the kid can do!

Have you watched KU play the past 2 weeks? Really? definitely lose to them?

Green throws a ball over the middle that gets tipped and Gilleylen drops it after that tip and all of the sudden Green made a great throw and Gilleylen needed to catch it (i agree w/ the catch, not the throw)...

OK, who called that a great throw? Please link it for me.

It's very possible for me to link something said by multiple students at a football game isnt it?

Have you watched KU play the past 2 weeks? Really? definitely lose to them?

Have you watched us play the last 2 weeks and yes.

From what we have seen against teams not from the sun belt...

Lee - locks onto first option, does not see the whole field. Not a real running threat. Might know more of the offense in the film room or practice, but it is not translating to plays when it counts.

I couldnt agree more. When Lee gets the snap he eyeballs one receiver and doesn't go through any sort of progression what-so-ever. If his number one isn't open, he hangs on to the ball and panics. Its not like Tech has a great defense. Lee just didn't know what to do with the ball

Green throws a ball over the middle that gets tipped and Gilleylen drops it after that tip and all of the sudden Green made a great throw and Gilleylen needed to catch it (i agree w/ the catch, not the throw)...

OK, who called that a great throw? Please link it for me.

It's very possible for me to link something said by multiple students at a football game isnt it?

Obviously thought you were referring to HB members... I can't imagine any sober person calling that a great throw.