Pelini's Hand in the Offense

I'll be the first one to say that I have enjoyed Watson's offense for the last two seasons. We have be extremely efficient in both aspects of offense. However, something is different in the offense this year. Maybe Joe Ganz really was that good and we took him for granted. Also, I know Bo may not have a great deal to say regarding the offense, but he is the head coach and should have some part in it. In the late 3rd quarter Saturday when we sustained a drive for about 7 minutes leaking into the fourth quarter (coming up with a big 0) we looked like a team with no urgency. We looked like we were up by 21 milking the play clock to less than five seconds every time. This is the area where I think Bo should impose his will. I know we want to control the clock, but when your down by 3 scores you gota mix something up. Any thoughts?

I was a little surprised by this as well. After thinking about it I feel they were trying to give the offense some confidence with this kind of drive. It was proven last week that we can score quickly if need be....maybe it was just luck, but scoring 27 points in a quarter is pretty good even though Missery laid down.

I am sure (well hoping) that they went to the drawing board Saturday night/Sunday to get things figured out. Also, I am sure Cotton received an earful from Bo again just like he did during the game about the o-line's lack of discipline and well, lack of understanding football period.

Bo will get things back on track. I do believe the team will answer the call next week and have a great game.

Clock management in the third half was absolutely horrible. Borderline disgusting.

Bo has got the defense fixed up to 90% in my eyes, but that same edge he has brought to the defense has not been taken to heart by the offense. They still play like it's the Callahan era offensively. Even though Callahan didn't get run out of Lincoln because of offense, we still had troubles doing much against anybody of real substance.

Bo knows there is a problem, similar to how he knew there was a problem defensively when he got there. He has repaired the defense, so now he can move onto the offense. He may not know much about offense, but he can provide something I suppose. :dunno

when they got electrified and got some momentum in the Mizery game they were unstoppable and a force to be reckoned with. In the TT game, that BS tipped ball completion on 3rd and 25 and the subsequent incomplete forward pass return for TD took the crowd out of the game and the offense just clocked out for the day. Had we gotten that stop on the first drive and went down and scored to take the early lead - we would have seen a much different game. The announcers said the stadium was "like a tomb."

If it hasn't happened already, I'm pretty confident that Bo is going to sit down with Watson, Cotton, and Beck, and the first question he's going to ask is, "WTF?" I would be stunned if we didn't have several articles in the newspapers this week about how much focus is on the running game and the line in particular.

If it hasn't happened already, I'm pretty confident that Bo is going to sit down with Watson, Cotton, and Beck, and the first question he's going to ask is, "WTF?" I would be stunned if we didn't have several articles in the newspapers this week about how much focus is on the running game and the line in particular.

Holy God I would pay money to see that meeting.

Bo: "Alright guys, WTF?!?!"

Wats/Cotton/Beck simultaneously: shrug shoulders, shake heads and say "IDK LOL!"

Similar to Spiderman, How do I Shot Web.

Ganz, Swifty, Peterson. We're missing these guys a lot more than we realize. Our WRs are NOT doing well, and that's because they don't have the same feel for the game as those two guys did.

A humorous blog I read a while ago stated, "Nebraska is in the unique position of missing two white guys at receiver."

And boy, are we.

With a line that blocks like that, and receivers who can't get open, it's no wonder we're not doing so hot. But give this offense time to gel, and I think we will catch on. That is, I think the QB will catch on - but he's got to have help, and that's something that's worrying at this point. Little faith to be had for O-line and Wr.

Clock management in the third half was absolutely horrible. Borderline disgusting.

Bo has got the defense fixed up to 90% in my eyes, but that same edge he has brought to the defense has not been taken to heart by the offense. They still play like it's the Callahan era offensively. Even though Callahan didn't get run out of Lincoln because of offense, we still had troubles doing much against anybody of real substance.

Bo knows there is a problem, similar to how he knew there was a problem defensively when he got there. He has repaired the defense, so now he can move onto the offense. He may not know much about offense, but he can provide something I suppose. :dunno

:yeah

when they got electrified and got some momentum in the Mizery game they were unstoppable and a force to be reckoned with. In the TT game, that BS tipped ball completion on 3rd and 25 and the subsequent incomplete forward pass return for TD took the crowd out of the game and the offense just clocked out for the day. Had we gotten that stop on the first drive and went down and scored to take the early lead - we would have seen a much different game. The announcers said the stadium was "like a tomb."

My thoughts exactly. IMO that 3rd and 25 set the tone for the whole game. Not so much that they converted, but how they converted. We went from a should have been interception to a should have been pass break-up to a diving completion and a 1st down. Right after that happened I said to myself that it's going to be one of those games.

My thoughts exactly. IMO that 3rd and 25 set the tone for the whole game. Not so much that they converted, but how they converted. We went from a should have been interception to a should have been pass break-up to a diving completion and a 1st down. Right after that happened I said to myself that it's going to be one of those games.

:yeah I said the EXACT same thing. I knew it was a bad omen for the rest of the game and we were shafted before it even really started.... whaddya know? it happened.

:yeah I said the EXACT same thing. I knew it was a bad omen for the rest of the game and we were shafted before it even really started.... whaddya know? it happened.

Reminded me of OU in 2000.

I thought: "Uh oh."

Pellin as a head coach needs to speak about the performance of his offense.

It is not ok to say simply we did not execute. We know Bo as you pointed out we saw the game and the last game as well. You called the game. So, how are you going to change everything? Change everything but you mean your 320 play Callahan NFL West Coast long huddle lateral throwing non rushing no fullback offense!

At his post game press conference he said Watson is a great coach. I do not think BO know didly about how to be a head coach. He is a great defensive coordinator. He has delegated the entire offense to Watson and Cotton. So do not ask him about it you saw it!

Could a wild angry man be effective during a time of crisis?

He can be a real jerk. He called out his defense said they did not execute. The guy is a real jerk to say that.

His defense played well it was his offense he refuses to talk about and seems to know nothing of that did not execute. His special teams suck as well! The refs had enogh of the Jerk and his screaming and spitting. Fans get used to the color of yellow. The refs plan to run the Jerk out of the Big 12.

He sticks up for Watson who has the worst offense we have ever seen. Meanwhile TO who is the gereatest offensive mind in football stands at the rear of the room. Not an opinion on the shotgun, or how he intends to focus on running the ball out of the West Coast offense. Expect no answers just we did not execute yhou saw it news conferences. This will get very old before long!

And remeber we now are Colorado!

Pellin as a head coach needs to speak about the performance of his offense.

It is not ok to say simply we did not execute. We know Bo as you pointed out we saw the game and the last game as well. You called the game. So, how are you going to change everything? Change everything but you mean your 320 play Callahan NFL West Coast long huddle lateral throwing non rushing no fullback offense!

At his post game press conference he said Watson is a great coach. I do not think BO know didly about how to be a head coach. He is a great defensive coordinator. He has delegated the entire offense to Watson and Cotton. So do not ask him about it you saw it!

Could a wild angry man be effective during a time of crisis?

He can be a real jerk. He called out his defense said they did not execute. The guy is a real jerk to say that.

His defense played well it was his offense he refuses to talk about and seems to know nothing of that did not execute. His special teams suck as well! The refs had enogh of the Jerk and his screaming and spitting. Fans get used to the color of yellow. The refs plan to run the Jerk out of the Big 12.

He sticks up for Watson who has the worst offense we have ever seen. Meanwhile TO who is the gereatest offensive mind in football stands at the rear of the room. Not an opinion on the shotgun, or how he intends to focus on running the ball out of the West Coast offense. Expect no answers just we did not execute yhou saw it news conferences. This will get very old before long!

And remeber we now are Colorado!

I'm not speechless often, but I'm hoping this was supposed to be sarcastic, because this level of stupidity is simply baffling. Nothing in that ill conceived ranting even borders on truth.