Jim Rome right now

The Blackshirts had nothing to do with the TT game, IMO. They held TT to under 300 total yards, which hasn't been done since 2000 if I recall correctly. The Blackshirts are the Blackshirts, the Husker offense is non-existent.

I agree. I still think they played well. Definitely not great. Just doesn't help that our offense goes three and out and the defense has to go right back out there.

The Blackshirts had nothing to do with the TT game, IMO. They held TT to under 300 total yards, which hasn't been done since 2000 if I recall correctly. The Blackshirts are the Blackshirts, the Husker offense is non-existent.

I agree. I still think they played well. Definitely not great. Just doesn't help that our offense goes three and out and the defense has to go right back out there.

:yeah

Really, there were three "fluke" plays that made a huge difference.

1. First TT touchdown drive, 3rd and 13 from the Tech 27, pass coverage is good, ball is tipped by defender, but the Tech receiver makes a brilliant grab as he's going down. 1st down instead of Tech being forced to punt. That would have ended the TD drive right there. 7 point swing.

2. Dropped lateral pass with Tech return for TD, one of the all-time worst Husker plays. Another 7 points.

3. Gilleylen drops a sure TD pass that was right in his hands. Another 7 points.

Those three plays basically led to 21 points, the difference in the game (although clearly Tech made other plays on that first drive, it would have ended without that 3rd down conversion).

Not to mention the first and goal for Nebraska that was killed by stupid penalties, leading to no score.

Tech made the plays, Nebraska did not, but the three plays above could have easily gone the opposite way from what they did and that was the difference in the game. Yes, the offense has serious problems, but this game turned on just a few plays.

You know i ran into a Husker couple the other day, and i was talking to them about the lateral pass that Niles dropped and was returned for a TD by the defense. This couple blamed it on the blackshirts, saying they never should have been handed out.

What the hell? When did the blackshirts get handed out to the offense? When did the offense start to define the blackshirts? The blackshirts define the defense.

But i will say, its amazing how the media was so revved up about the blackshirts being handed out and hassling the coaching staff about it, and then one game changes it and they turn on the defense and the coaching staff. Vultures in my opinion.

While I can't say the defense played without error, they did a good job against a very good offense. I really can't imagine how anyone could ask them to do more than they did. They held TT to 24 points (obviously the lateral pass for a TD has nothing to do with the defense). If someone had told me prior to the game that our defense would only allow TT to score 24 points, I'd have said, "Then if our offense does anything but struggle the whole game, we've got a great shot at winning."

The game came down to three plays!?!?!?!?

Are you serious?

Texas Tech packed it in for the 2nd half after racking up 213 yards against the "vaunted" Blackshirts.

The Red Raiders came away with points on three of their five offensive possessions in the first half.

To say that the game came down to three plays is ignorant and completely insane.

Keep trying to rationalize this beat down into a game similar to Virginia Tech. It wasn't.

You got your @$$ handed to you on Saturday.

Are you serious?

Texas Tech packed it in for the 2nd half after racking up 213 yards against the "vaunted" Blackshirts.

The Red Raiders came away with points on three of their five offensive possessions in the first half.

To say that the game came down to three plays is ignorant and completely insane.

Keep trying to rationalize this beat down into a game similar to Virginia Tech. It wasn't.

Someone needs a hug.

The defense played about as good as can be expected, considering what was asked of it. If the offense wouldn't have stunk it up so badly, the defense wouldn't have been out there as much (and TT wouldn't be scoring as many points). I won't knock the D.

Are you serious?

TTech has never, ever "packed it in", see KSU vs TTech. The defense performed very well. They we're just able to put points on the board, we were not...again.

Are you serious?

The offense got their a$$'$ handed to them, the defence did not. Don't know what game you were watching, but the defence did what they were supposed to. One of those touchdowns was the fault of one person and one person only, Niles Paul. He is on offense last time I checked. The third down pass the other guy was referring to, was a great catch by the TT receiver. He was covered very well and the pass was tipped, I got to give the TT receiver props for his concentration on catching that ball.

Really, there were three "fluke" plays that made a huge difference.

1. First TT touchdown drive, 3rd and 13 from the Tech 27, pass coverage is good, ball is tipped by defender, but the Tech receiver makes a brilliant grab as he's going down. 1st down instead of Tech being forced to punt. That would have ended the TD drive right there. 7 point swing.

2. Dropped lateral pass with Tech return for TD, one of the all-time worst Husker plays. Another 7 points.

3. Gilleylen drops a sure TD pass that was right in his hands. Another 7 points.

Those three plays basically led to 21 points, the difference in the game (although clearly Tech made other plays on that first drive, it would have ended without that 3rd down conversion).

Not to mention the first and goal for Nebraska that was killed by stupid penalties, leading to no score.

Tech made the plays, Nebraska did not, but the three plays above could have easily gone the opposite way from what they did and that was the difference in the game. Yes, the offense has serious problems, but this game turned on just a few plays.

that 1st one was a major fluke play. but that kind of stuff happens. ask the bengals, cowboys; just to think of 2 quick.

the 2nd one was brutal. and not a 7 point swing, at least 10, possibly 14. the ball was on the 16 yard line.

the 3rd is being over emphasized. it was an extremely ill-advised throw by green. the ball was tipped and would of been more of a fluke play than techs on the 1st drive.