Helu Should Sit Out Against Iowa State

Give Helu some time to recover, no need to risk injury in a game that we should win anyways (I'm not taking Iowa State lightly by any means). Plus our younger backs need to get some experience & the Iowa State game would give one of them a chance to step up & establish himself as the NO 2 back.

Have you seen what else is left in the stable?? Our 2nd and 3rd string RB's might as well be Iowa State RB's.

Give Helu some time to recover, no need to risk injury in a game that we should win anyways (I'm not taking Iowa State lightly by any means). Plus our younger backs need to get some experience & the Iowa State game would give one of them a chance to step up & establish himself as the NO 2 back.

You're right. Let some of the other guys get some reps and let Roy heal up a little bit better. Worse comes to worse, he can dress and come in if things start to get too dicey.

Have you seen what else is left in the stable?? Our 2nd and 3rd string RB's might as well be Iowa State RB's.

Yeah I have but someone needs to be the No 2 running back - give them all carries & see who (if anyone) stands out. All I know is that I will be really pissed off if Helu gets injured against Iowa State.

Dont sit Helu the entire game

start Helu, get a ahead by a few touchdowns and then take him out by halftime.

if Iowa St. starts moving the ball some how on our D bring Helu back in and seal the deal.

but dont just assume we are gonna come out and dominate with anyone running the ball

teams get upset when they dont take their oppenent serious

The day winning became more important than the health of a player has been here for quite some time. I've seen high school players who had no right being out on the field play and have lifetime injuries. A local kid wasn't supposed to play due to concussions. His dad took him to several doctors until he found one that would clear him. The kid is now a zombie. I knew another kid that shouldn't have played. His coach just left him in there. He's 36 years old now and has had an artificial hip since he was 24.

The day winning became more important than the health of a player has been here for quite some time. I've seen high school players who had no right being out on the field play and have lifetime injuries. A local kid wasn't supposed to play due to concussions. His dad took him to several doctors until he found one that would clear him. The kid is now a zombie. I knew another kid that shouldn't have played. His coach just left him in there. He's 36 years old now and has had an artificial hip since he was 24.

Sadly you're right, but it doesn't mean that we have to agree with it.

I used to be a high school football ref. Because of this incident, I quit. The father sued the refs. The judge threw it out of court because the hit was definitely a legal hit.

Were you supposed to be able to read the mind of the kid who made the hit, even if it were illegal?

On another note, this is a dumb thread. :dumdum