49 Years a Husker.

T_O_Bull

I still believe we should have tried to bring in Turner Gill as the OC.

I know, he is a head coach and all, but we could have made him Assistant Head Coach and given him total control of the offensive side of the ball.

Plus, it would have been insurance in case Bo decided to bolt for Ohio State someday.

Well now that we've all discussed our age and why that makes us a more devoted fan....

No you missed the point. TO Bull is preaching why patience is needed with Bo and Co using his experiences rooting for the Huskers for 40 years. I think lately it seems that a larger and larger section of the fan base only knows about the Huskers from the mid 90's on. When you compare Bo, or anyone in the country for that matter, to just that 5 year segment in time it is near impossible to measure up. A whole section of fans don't realize what TO went through to get to that point. How many losses to MU in the 70's, losses to OU in the 70's and 80's, how many Orange Bowls TO lost in, etc. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyone, but I think TO Bull is expressing a bit of frustration those that are impatient and expressing why they shouldn't be so impatient by using TO as his example.

TO has preached in several other threads that we need to respect his tenure as a Husker Fan, and that we should not boo, and stated that his longevity as a fan gave him the right to make these statements. His attitude has been very belligerent, including telling those who do not see the situation the same way to STFU.

That's what Ira is talking about. And that's BS. And TO should be called on it, even though we all respect him.

You are right 'knapp' the STFU was out of line. I don't really expect or demand respect simply because I've been around for awhile, I've just seen a lot of things happen and gone through an awful lot of games where the game was lost in the last few minutes. In '79 we finally beat Oklahoma who had Billy Sims, Thomas Lott and the Selman Brothers. The euphoria of that win lasted one week, we lost the next game to Missery and then had sand kicked in our face by the Orange Bowl, they invited Oklahoma to play us again. Anyway no respect demanded here.

T_O_B

You are right 'knapp' the STFU was out of line. I don't really expect or demand respect simply because I've been around for awhile, I've just seen a lot of things happen and gone through an awful lot of games where the game was lost in the last few minutes. In '79 we finally beat Oklahoma who had Billy Sims, Thomas Lott and the Selman Brothers. The euphoria of that win lasted one week, we lost the next game to Missery and then had sand kicked in our face by the Orange Bowl, they invited Oklahoma to play us again. Anyway no respect demanded here.

T_O_B

I wouldn't bother discussing stuff with you if I didn't respect your opinion. And I get out of line, too, and I need to be called on it, too. We're all striving to be better people.