0 wins out of the past 15 vs.....

...the South teams of Oklahoma, Okie St, Texas and Texas Tech.

The last win came against Okie St at the start of 2003. I can't believe it has been 15 straight. There have been some close ones (LeKevin Smith vs Tech, Nunn vs Texas) but its been a long time since we have won one. Hopfully the ship will be righted in 3 weeks and we can end this embarassing streak.

GBR

Edit: It should be 13 straight games, not 15 (still sucks though)

Yes, what you posted is true. I hate it when people narrow down stats until they say what they want them to, though. I imagine this started out as our record against the Big 12 South, but then when you take out A&M and Baylor, you can make that a big ol' 0. We haven't even done well against A&M in recent years, but yet you leave them out, I imagine because then we can't be 0-something.

FWIW, we are 7-0 in our last 7 games with Cal, Florida, Iowa and Michigan. See how that works :) .

Yes, what you posted is true. I hate it when people narrow down stats until they say what they want them to, though. I imagine this started out as our record against the Big 12 South, but then when you take out A&M and Baylor, you can make that a big ol' 0. We haven't even done well against A&M in recent years, but yet you leave them out, I imagine because then we can't be 0-something.

FWIW, we are 7-0 in our last 7 games with Cal, Florida, Iowa and Michigan. See how that works :) .

And Sun Belt champs too! :facepalm:

Must have hit a nerve.........

We don't play Cal, Florida, Iowa and Michigan on an annual basis. The reason I left out A&M and Baylor is because we have pretty much dominated those two programs. Plus they have not been in contention for conference and national championships. If we start winning the close games against these schools on Saturdays, then we won't be talking about a couple plays that could have swayed the game our way on Mondays.

Must have hit a nerve.........

We don't play Cal, Florida, Iowa and Michigan on an annual basis. The reason I left out A&M and Baylor is because we have pretty much dominated those two programs. Plus they have not been in contention for conference and national championships. If we start winning the close games against these schools on Saturdays, then we won't be talking about a couple plays that could have swayed the game our way on Mondays.

Not a nerve about the Huskers, I'm just as unhappy about our past failures against these teams. Like I said in my original post, I just get annoyed when people adjust statistics to say what they want them to. FWIW, if you include our last 3 games vs. A&M, it would be 2-16. 2-1, with one close victory, is not dominating A&M over the last few years. We dominated Ok. State for years until recently, so why include them if that's your reasoning?

Like I said, you can use stats to say whatever you want. I'm just as disappointed in our performance over the last 4-5 years, I just don't feel the need to doctor a statistic to express it.

Oh, I agree, there's a lot of adjusting stats so they say what you want them to say.

This isn't one of those cases though. This is clear cut, we've been pretty bad against the class of the South in recent years. Baylor and A&M are not the strong teams of the Big 12 South and haven't been. It's been the other 4, and we've stunk it up against them. Not much of a doctored stat there, IMO.

Here is a very interesting North stat

" This week, the unranked Huskers (4-2, 1-1 Big 12) take on Iowa State (4-3, 1-2) at 11:30 a.m. at Memorial Stadium. The game is broadcast on FSN.

Nebraska owns a 15-game winning streak against Iowa State at home, dating back to a loss in 1977."

We still have a few positive streaks going

FWIW, alot of it for me is probably just being fed up with all the negativity on this board and other Husker message baords. Every other thread seems "Zac Lee sucks, Start Green," "Fire Watson, Cotton, etc.," or something of the like. Don't get me wrong, I'm unhappy with losses, my girlfriend gets frustrated because I can be snippy after losses. I just see alot of sensationalism on here, and most of it is overly negative.

Oh, I agree, there's a lot of adjusting stats so they say what you want them to say.

This isn't one of those cases though. This is clear cut, we've been pretty bad against the class of the South in recent years. Baylor and A&M are not the strong teams of the Big 12 South and haven't been. It's been the other 4, and we've stunk it up against them. Not much of a doctored stat there, IMO.

Yes, it is one of those cases.

A&M really wasn't that bad at all some of those times. In fact they've been ranked 5 of the 8 times we've played them in the Big 12, and we've won 6 of those. As recently as 2006 they were ranked #24 when we went down to Kyle Field and beat them. A&M finished 9-4 (5-3 conf) that year to Tech's 8-5 (4-4) and Okie St's 7-6 (3-5).

BigBL87 is right, this is a doctored stat to make something bad look worse. And it serves no purpose to put a bad spin on it.

How can you "doctor" a stat? A stat is a stat, its pretty much black and white. If someone asks how many TDs Ganz threw in his career, it would be an absolute figure. Turner Gill's career record as a HC? Again can't doctor that.

I was simply making a point on how poor we have performed against the South division contenders. We play 1/4 of our schedule against the South division, so I thought it would something to point out.

:cheers

For me, it was just the fact that you removed the 2 teams that would make our record better. Baylor, completely valid to leave them out as they haven't beat us in my lifetime and have never really been a contender. As VA Husker Fan pointed out though, A&M hasn't been terrible over the last decade or so, and has been ranked a number of times that we've played them. You took a stat that was admittedly bad (2-16) and removed a legitimate team to make it more sensational (0-15).