Remember when...

Nexus

our beloved coach T.O. lost 7 consecutive bowl games from '87-'93? :facepalm:

Furthermore, he retired with a losing record of 12-13 in bowl games.

Those stats however get overshadowed by his 3 National Titles in his final 4 years as HC of Nebraska.

Just wanted to throw that out there for perspective since Husker Nation seems to be in panic-mode this week.

Sure, we've got a long way to go, but even in our "Glory Days" we fussed about not winning games we should've won.

Embrace the journey, win or lose.

Those stats however get overshadowed by his 3 National Titles in his final 4 years as HC of Nebraska.

Just wanted to throw that out there for perspective since Husker Nation seems to be in panic-mode this week.

Sure, we've got a long way to go, but even in our "Glory Days" we fussed about not winning games we should've won.

Blasphemer!! :)

Good post!

Remember when CU punched us in the mouth in 2001? Remember how USC continues to lose to an unranked crappy team each year? We got punched in the mouth last Saturday by a team a lot of people expected us to beat. It happens quite often. How many Ohio State fans expected to get punched in the mouth last Saturday? It's football. Sometimes one team shows up ready to play while the other one doesn't. Nebraska didn't show up emotionally ready to play. Whether that's on the coaches or the players were beginning to believe the hype, I don't know. However, I bet we see the most inspired team to date this season show up this Saturday!

Remember when CU punched us in the mouth in 2001? Remember how USC continues to lose to an unranked crappy team each year? We got punched in the mouth last Saturday by a team a lot of people expected us to beat. It happens quite often. How many Ohio State fans expected to get punched in the mouth last Saturday? It's football. Sometimes one team shows up ready to play while the other one doesn't. Nebraska didn't show up emotionally ready to play. Whether that's on the coaches or the players were beginning to believe the hype, I don't know. However, I bet we see the most inspired team to date this season show up this Saturday!

I agree. And like you said I bet they show up to play this week and if they don't, then it's time to panic!!!!!

:power:power

GBR!!!!!!!!!!

Blasphemer!! :)

Good post!

:lol:

Preach!!

Coming out ready to play every week is what college football has now become. The gimmes are gone. If you aren't ready (coaches and players), you'll get beat.

Coming out ready to play every week is what college football has now become. The gimmes are gone. If you aren't ready (coaches and players), you'll get beat.

Is it too late to fire him? I remember those years. Up until the mid 90's our frustration level was very high. I think an adjustment of expectations is needed. Long gone are minimum 9 win seasons. Get used to it.

Great post - 7 straight bowl losses to mostly Florida teams. Ouch. Embrace the journey . . . or we will be miserable for years to come.

Not all of us have forgotten the CH-CH-CHoke years we groveled thru for many seasons... I started paying attention to NU football in 1970 (I was 6 years old). Not too many games on TV, but listening to my Dad talk the game out. For the longest time, I thought our head coach's name was "that red-headed sonofa-!!!!!". Even back then tho, 95% when NU showed up to play... they PLAYED. Hard. They more often than not WON their contests thru consistent smash-mouth football. I miss the option so bad it kinda makes my heart ache again when I see that terror filled moment of the pitch! OH GOD, NOOOO...!!!! I LOVED those option teams. I remember us being a '4th quarter team', where our conditioning was better than the other guys'... Sure there was lots of misses, lots of FUMBLES (OMG, who remembers our FUMBLING years!!!????!!!!) but there were lots of wins and KNOCK 'EM DOWN football too... It's tough to watch after you've been 'spoilt' I reckon. But THAT's what being a fan is... Getting MAD, being ELATED, being WORRIED, all that... Now, someone go out, find us a Rathman, a Frazier, a Green, a Peter (hmmm, THAT sounded odd huh?), a Schlesinger, a Tagge, a Rodgers... I will say this tho, I kinda like these kids. I think they've got heart and guts, now if we can get some more FIRE out of them, it'll REALLY start to come around... again. GO BIG RED!!!

I agree. And like you said I bet they show up to play this week and if they don't, then it's time to panic!!!!!

:power:power

GBR!!!!!!!!!!

:facepalm: