We are as good as we are!

Once again, the Huskers have fallen short of our inflated expectations, as a team. This has been the case for most of the last decade. Sure we are not happy about it, but it doesn't do the team any good to whine about it, and it is not doing you any good either. There are two roads to take, one is realize we are not great and support them anyway, or the second choice is to bitch and moan about whose fault it is. Expecting the Huskers to win 10 games, when they aren't good enough to win 10 just sets everyone up for disappointment. We do have a sense of entitlement around here. Nobody owes Nebraska anything. We will have to work for everything we get.

Every one of the coaches and players want to be here to play for us. None of them is here to sabotage the team (despite some of the things you've seen this season). We are playing the best we have. If we can get better coaches or players, Bo will make the moves to get them. He won't keep a coach who isn't holding up his end of the bargain. Changes may be made at season's end. Bo won't let personal relationships get in the way of winning. He feels no need to be liked by everyone.

The team needs our support more than ever these days. It's easy to stand outside the stadium in your gear after a win, but we need to be there in the dark days too. Memorial stadium is not an intimidating place to play. The stadium only gets loud when the team does something good. The fans should be trying to make something positive happen by getting the team excited. If we beat Iowa State we should be excited we won rather than say, "that's more like it, we'll kill Baylor next week," and implode if it doesn't happen. From what has been said in press conferences the team is feeling pressure to be better than they are. Nothing good happens when you play under those conditions.

We need to quit being spoiled brats! We were not a great football program back in the day. We worked, thanks to the Bobfather, to get the program to where we wanted it and T.O. maintained that level of excellence. Well, believe it or not, it is going to take work, not whining, luck or prayer to get back.

The question is: Are you N?

Actually everybody on this forum except for the weekly trolls are "N". I think why we are all up in arms this week is because of the offensive lackluster performance. Looking back many, some, or a few saw it coming. Unfortunately we all got hyped up with visions of a mid January bowl game on the horizon. Not happenin and probably won't for quite awhile..... if ever. But such a dismal performance with non stop mistakes is getting old. It scares us because we remember Nebraska BC. What bothers me is this team is so undisciplined. Even the defense, although not always correct, are getting a lot of penalties. Blown coverages, missed blocks, dropped passes, unsportsman like conduct calls, and don't get me started on the offensive line penalties. An undisciplined team is to blame on what? If the team played their hearts out and lost to a superior team then we'd all be excited. But it is what it is................

Once again, the Huskers have fallen short of our inflated expectations, as a team. This has been the case for most of the last decade. Sure we are not happy about it, but it doesn't do the team any good to whine about it, and it is not doing you any good either. There are two roads to take, one is realize we are not great and support them anyway, or the second choice is to bitch and moan about whose fault it is. Expecting the Huskers to win 10 games, when they aren't good enough to win 10 just sets everyone up for disappointment. We do have a sense of entitlement around here. Nobody owes Nebraska anything. We will have to work for everything we get.

Every one of the coaches and players want to be here to play for us. None of them is here to sabotage the team (despite some of the things you've seen this season). We are playing the best we have. If we can get better coaches or players, Bo will make the moves to get them. He won't keep a coach who isn't holding up his end of the bargain. Changes may be made at season's end. Bo won't let personal relationships get in the way of winning. He feels no need to be liked by everyone.

The team needs our support more than ever these days. It's easy to stand outside the stadium in your gear after a win, but we need to be there in the dark days too. Memorial stadium is not an intimidating place to play. The stadium only gets loud when the team does something good. The fans should be trying to make something positive happen by getting the team excited. If we beat Iowa State we should be excited we won rather than say, "that's more like it, we'll kill Baylor next week," and implode if it doesn't happen. From what has been said in press conferences the team is feeling pressure to be better than they are. Nothing good happens when you play under those conditions.

We need to quit being spoiled brats! We were not a great football program back in the day. We worked, thanks to the Bobfather, to get the program to where we wanted it and T.O. maintained that level of excellence. Well, believe it or not, it is going to take work, not whining, luck or prayer to get back.

Personally i think that Memorial Stadium is intimidating for the opposing team. Now in recent years this may not be true because our teams specifically our defenses have not been good and i think a good defense really feeds a crowd.

However, NU has one of the biggest stadiums in the Big 12 and our fans are defininetly the most dedicated. When an opposing team comes to Lincoln they know that the fans are gonna be there earlier and will cheer loud.

Now as a fan you cant cheer when the other team scores but as long as we are still in a game the fans(students) stand up and cheer loud

No fans cheer constantly no matter the score, if your team is down by 40 and playing bad, the fans are not gonna be real into the game. I think for the most part our fans do a very good job.

I have never been to any other stadiums, so can someone on here who has traveled to a few more game compare Memorial Stadium to some other venues.

Personally i think that Memorial Stadium is intimidating for the opposing team. Now in recent years this may not be true because our teams specifically our defenses have not been good and i think a good defense really feeds a crowd.

However, NU has one of the biggest stadiums in the Big 12 and our fans are defininetly the most dedicated. When an opposing team comes to Lincoln they know that the fans are gonna be there earlier and will cheer loud.

Now as a fan you cant cheer when the other team scores but as long as we are still in a game the fans(students) stand up and cheer loud

No fans cheer constantly no matter the score, if your team is down by 40 and playing bad, the fans are not gonna be real into the game. I think for the most part our fans do a very good job.

I have never been to any other stadiums, so can someone on here who has traveled to a few more game compare Memorial Stadium to some other venues.

No matter the size of the crowd or the dedication, Memorial Stadium is not nearly as loud as it should be. It's true that opposing teams know the fans will be there but they also know it won't all that loud.

VT, with 20,000+ fewer fans is A LOT louder than Memorial Stadium.

No matter the size of the crowd or the dedication, Memorial Stadium is not nearly as loud as it should be. It's true that opposing teams know the fans will be there but they also know it won't all that loud.

VT, with 20,000+ fewer fans is A LOT louder than Memorial Stadium.

I know it was sure quiet in my section... :laughpound ...except for me. I have been to a lot more places that are louder - most NFL stadiums are louder than it is at Memorial Stadium.

So I guess us fans should all just shut our mouths, lower our expectations, never question what the all mighty coaches do or say, and don't expect excellence from Husker football teams again?

Now that sounds like a recipe for success! :wacko:

C'mon 'H-bob' we are Husker fans and we never shut up, our expectations are always sky high, we question everything and excellence is always expected.

T_O_B

:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

So I guess us fans should all just shut our mouths, lower our expectations, never question what the all mighty coaches do or say, and don't expect excellence from Husker football teams again?

Now that sounds like a recipe for success! :wacko:

:boxosoap

No. You missed the point. What I am saying is just because we were great for so long didn't buy us greatness for the foreseeable future. We expect Nebraska to be great simply because we are Nebraska and if we aren't great, someone eff'd it up. "Someone screwed up our prized program." Maybe somebody did, but it isn't the guys trying their ass off on Saturday. Saying they suck doesn't do anyone any good. Here's an analogy. Your kid comes home with an F in Math, do you look at him and say "you suck, I'm gonna get a different kid who can get a good grade. You're an embarrassment to the greatness of our family." I hope not. So, we can either rally together or bitch and complain.

:madash < off soapbox