Giving up the Smokes! AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Holy crap this is harder then I thought! Anybody else kicked the habit lately? I have been smoking a pack a day for 10 years. I have tried to quit before but have never made it past the first day. After 3 days I find myself wanting to punch people at stop lights that I see smoking! :box I'm sure I have already gained 10 pounds because I have to eat all the time to put off the urge to go buy a pack. I guess after I get over the smoking I get to work on weight loss. I won't get lung cancer but now I'm gonna die of cardiac arrest!!! :dumdum

I quit 13 years ago. It wasn't easy but I was only paying $9 a carton then. The financial benefits are huge compared to years ago.

Good luck and keep on hanging in there. Yeah, I picked up a bunch of pounds but an MI is a risk I'd rather take than cancer.

GBR

I had a buddy who smoked for 13 yrs or so quite cold turkey.

He listened to some CD, and he said from then on, he despised smoking.

Crazy, but it worked, and that was months ago, and he lives with his gf who smokes, and he doesn't cheat.

HOpe you can pull it off

Thanks fella's! Start of day 4. I'm pretty confident that I can do this. Will power baby!

I quit dipping and I can just imagine that it's just as hard as quitting smoking. The hardest time for me, was when I watched or played sports. The two just went hand n hand. Once that crap is completely out of your system, the rest is just mental. Just remember....There is no such thing is, "I will have just one and quit again". Hang in there man, you can do i!

I quit dipping, and honestly, It was cake.

It's all about will power. Just remember, no one is holding a gun to your head saying 'Stop at that gas station... go buy some...'

My buddy told me that after a few weeks, he woke up, and was able to 'finally take that big fresh breath of air' that he hadn't felt in years.

Can anyone else attest to this? He said once that happened, there was no way he could smoke again because it felt amazing.

I used to do about half a pack a day. A pack if I was drinking. For me quitting has been a long process. I can go days without one then all of the sudden I get the urge. You just have to fight it. I've given in some it happens, don't get down on yourself just keep at it. The biggest problem I have is associating it with past behavior for instance stress or driving or being bored. When I drink thats when its the hardest to ignore. And damn near everyone I hang around smokes. Just have to man up and keep after it.