Giving up the Smokes! AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

A pal of mine quit cold turkey. He used an egg timer to do it. He claimed that when you first quit you get an overwhelming urge to have a smoke, but the urge passes in a couple of minutes. Whenever he got the urge he would pull out his little hour glass egg timer and watch the sand for a minute or so until the urge passed. After a couple of weeks the urge got weaker (or his resolve got stronger), and he didn’t need the crutch any more. Kind of a weird idea, huh?

It's been almost 4 months since I made this post, I'm still smoke free. :lol: I'm not gonna lie though, it still sucks from time to time. I still miss having one with my morning coffee and yesterday my son's doctor found swelling and lumps in his lymph nodes around his arm pit area. I'd like to say that I have never found anything I have been scared of............That scares the crap out of me and makes me really want to smoke. (keep telling myself that I'm not gonna do it though) They take blood work tomorrow and hopefully find that it's nothing.

For anybody that is thinking about quitting, I wish you the best of luck. You will find out how strong you really are, but in the end you will feel so much better.

Congrats on the will power man.. Has to be tough on another level..

BTW Prayer sent for your son..

Thank you!

It's been almost 4 months since I made this post, I'm still smoke free. :lol: I'm not gonna lie though, it still sucks from time to time. I still miss having one with my morning coffee and yesterday my son's doctor found swelling and lumps in his lymph nodes around his arm pit area. I'd like to say that I have never found anything I have been scared of............That scares the crap out of me and makes me really want to smoke. (keep telling myself that I'm not gonna do it though) They take blood work tomorrow and hopefully find that it's nothing.

For anybody that is thinking about quitting, I wish you the best of luck. You will find out how strong you really are, but in the end you will feel so much better.

Wow!

Now I'm really concerned.

Glad to hear you're succeeding in the tobacco battle and other's success stories, but...

The reason I started Smoking to begin with was sorta to help me fast forward through my life...and..The reason I quit years later..was so I could stick around for my unborn Son.

Enough time had passed when I smoked again, so that it just made me feel sick.... so I didn't feel any urge to smoke two.

I don't pray nearly as often as I probably should, but I will DID right now. And I'll ask my Son to pray for yours too.

We all got your back, buddy.

:thumbs

Update on the kid, so far all the blood work has come back negetive. :lol: No signs of disease or infection so far. We will have to wait a few more days for all the results. They may take a small biopsy. I guess its not uncommom for young boys to get a build of calcium and hormones and some other crap when they start getting to be a certain age. I'm hope'n thats all it is.

No smokes through the process though. :thumbs

• 5 months later...