Building towards the Big 12 title!

rkhufu7

This team has more than enough defense to take UT down in the title game. They should have won two road games vs ranked teams, but didn't. The OL is good at run blocking, but do not do enough in live practices, or games because the offense's goal is to have balance in attemps, if not yards or scoring. UT has only faced one great defense and were releaved when NU lost at home to Tech so that maybe they would face a defense-less north rep in the title game. This is a team that can start molding a hard running, physical mentality and style that can propell them to a Big 12 title and BCS game. Physical practices will tranfer to physical games and by playing more backs in games, we can go 4-5 deep at I-back and by mixing in more true QB runs and options/reads the defenses will be forced to spend more time in prep. This team seems like it has more plays than formations, while the 90s teams had few plays from multiple sets. I think they should also vary pace, like go fast when a first down is made on a completed pass and such and kill clock at other times.

This team has more than enough defense to take UT down in the title game. They should have won two road games vs ranked teams, but didn't. The OL is good at run blocking, but do not do enough in live practices, or games because the offense's goal is to have balance in attemps, if not yards or scoring. UT has only faced one great defense and were releaved when NU lost at home to Tech so that maybe they would face a defense-less north rep in the title game. This is a team that can start molding a hard running, physical mentality and style that can propell them to a Big 12 title and BCS game. Physical practices will tranfer to physical games and by playing more backs in games, we can go 4-5 deep at I-back and by mixing in more true QB runs and options/reads the defenses will be forced to spend more time in prep. This team seems like it has more plays than formations, while the 90s teams had few plays from multiple sets. I think they should also vary pace, like go fast when a first down is made on a completed pass and such and kill clock at other times.

I'm not getting my special Horn's sign ready just yet. What is it about we are not a very good football team that some diehards just don't understand? You have to score to win. In the Big 12 you have to score quite a bit to win. Right now I am more worried about getting beat by not only a Bradfordless OU, but also any number of B12 North opponents. When you stink as we do on offense, taking anything for granted is silly and after taking a whuppin from TT to start talking about getting to and beating TU in the championship game is a little rich.

Hope it happens, but right now beating Ioway State by a point would be a substantial improvement in our play.

:dunno

nevermind!

I was watching that 'tra la la' video from those A&M guys, confused me a little bit :dumdum

nevermind!

I was watching that 'tra la la' video from those A&M guys, confused me a little bit :dumdum

We do not need to score a lot to win the north or B12 con. All we need to do is score 15-20 pt per game. our defense will keep the opp. score low. The offense just has to help by eating up time and scoreing some. What is with all the negativity with some people?

nevermind!

We do not need to score a lot to win the north or B12 con. All we need to do is score 15-20 pt per game. our defense will keep the opp. score low. The offense just has to help by eating up time and scoreing some. What is with all the negativity with some people?

If the Huskers score 15-20 per game - then we MIGHT split the rest of the games (which might give us the North by default) only to get taken to the woodshed like a red-headed stepchild in the B12 title game. The offense needs to be putting up at least 24+ points a game to be comfortable - otherwise the rest of the games will be nailbighters that may or may not end up with a W. I'm hoping for some changes in play-calling and improved production - The Husker Defense is doing to good of a job and putting in too much blood sweat and tears to be let down by an anemic ineffective offense!

GO BIG RED!!!! :restore

it's about time nu took it's turn in getting exposed in CC game, mu has taken it last two yrs but only appropriate that huskers step up. obviously when they couldn't move the ball against a solid TT D you realized you had no shot against ou or tx, at least realistic fans did.

good luck with rest of schedule. tx at home will give mu a real test of whether they can come up with the right scheme after OU showed them how to do it. question is whether they will or not.

KU in losing to Cu set huskers up for north as they have the tiebreaker over tigers and what difference does it make anyway? Best to get Green in and let him gain experience. ISU has had some offensive success especially running the ball, tho their best rb is lmted with a groin problem. All this year is a good measure of how the teams are progressing.

This has to be the worst post I've ever read.

Do you go to practice?

Nebraska's RB stable after Roy Helu is pathetic.

What "two" road games vs. ranked teams should have Nebraska won?

If you kick five field goals and give up a bomb with less than one minute left in the game, how does that make you deserve to win?

Nebraska will not win the Big XII and...pfff...I won't even bother with the BCS game stuff.

They are just as bad in run blocking as they are in pass pro. They are not poorly coached as much as they are not tough guys like Weigart, Zatechka (sp?), Stai, Graham, and Wilks were. This group of o-lineman are not tough guys, they are soft, and they are not mean. Henry acts likes it but if he were 1/4 as tough as he thinks he is, he wouldn't get his lunch eaten so much and often.

Henry could do well to stop 'acting' like it by diving into piles way after the play is already dead.

Instead of whoopin the guy across from him during the play, he chooses to do so after the whistle has blown.

Or trying catch them off guard by hitting them before the ball is snapped...