Turner Gill

This is what I would love to see TURNER GILL back at NU. Let him take over the play calling and the QB's since he knows a little about running/passing QB's and recruit for more mobile guys like Green.

Turner Loves NU and Dr. Tom and Buffalo is doing ok, we need him back.

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarse

this topic has been beaten to death.

Some days I don' t think some NU fans have a grip on reality. NU turned down Turner Gill as a head coach. He went to Buffalo and is a head coach. He will be a head coach without a doubt at a major program in the not distant future. There would be no more condescending b-slap than for NU to "OFFER" the OC job to Head Coach Gill.

I agree that if things don't change on offense, that Wats may be replaced by next season, but it sure won't be by TG.

:yeah:yeah:yeah

Some days I don' t think some NU fans have a grip on reality. NU turned down Turner Gill as a head coach. He went to Buffalo and is a head coach. He will be a head coach without a doubt at a major program in the not distant future. There would be no more condescending b-slap than for NU to "OFFER" the OC job to Head Coach Gill.

I agree that if things don't change on offense, that Wats may be replaced by next season, but it sure won't be by TG.

Don't think this is the case. Turner and TO sat down and talked. He had a job at NYU at Buffalo and that job wasn't done. Don't think there was ever an offer, just a conversation between two very close friends.

T_O_B

:)

Don't think this is the case. Turner and TO sat down and talked. He had a job at NYU at Buffalo and that job wasn't done. Don't think there was ever an offer, just a conversation between two very close friends.

T_O_B

:)

Not true, they had a story on ESPN in which they talked to Turner Gill. He said that it was a bit of a bitter pill not to be chosen for the NU job. He was in the running, but TO chose Bo over him.

It all makes sense..

I read on one (or two) of the Booing threads that booing magically gets rid of coaches.

After Bo was interviewed at halftime, he trotted toward the tunnel and did a double-take at the booing fans.

He decided right then and there that he'd rather be our DC again..Opening the door for Gill to become our HBC...

Oh yeah... for those of us that are moving our lips as we read this...:sarcasm

I hope I don't offend more then half of the board, :blink: But I personally prefer Bo's pre-game motivational speeches over readings from the Old Testament. :ahhhhhhhh

I like him as a player, but other then that he can stay in Buffalo.

No, they just get readings from the New Testament from Ron Brown. Which is fine by me. He was here for the championship years, so he was obviously was doing something right, bible-thumper or not.