Disqualification

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere (probably could do more looking, but too tired). Does anyone know what the dude from ISU (#2 i think) did to get kicked out of the game? No one around me at the stadium could figure out what happened. Again if this has been posted, sorry.

He threw a punch that connected with a players helmet. A huge, huge no-no. Expect the Big 12 Commissioner to take action if ISU doesn't penalize the player to their liking.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere (probably could do more looking, but too tired). Does anyone know what the dude from ISU (#2 i think) did to get kicked out of the game? No one around me at the stadium could figure out what happened. Again if this has been posted, sorry.

He threw a punch that connected with a players helmet. A huge, huge no-no. Expect the Big 12 Commissioner to take action if ISU doesn't penalize the player to their liking.

expect a nother game suspension.

it wasn't a huge smack or anything but after Mendoza leveled him he got up and smacked Marcus in the facemask...Mendoza just kind of looked at him patted him on the rear and jogged off...didn't retaliate or anything, good job just playing hard

Kind of a bullsh#t disqualification he barely touched him... he got rocked and made a stupid play, worth a personal foul, but that was pretty ridiculous.

I agree.

as I recall medoza got his fingers inside Smiths facemask as he pushed him down. musta pissed smith off and he swung at him.

IMO- definitely warranted the 15 yarder, but ejection?

nah.

In all honesty I also thought the hit by Mendosa may have been a tad late but you see that all the time. By Mendosa's reaction it was no big deal. Even though we Husker fans aren't used to it, other players are rougher on fellow teamates after scoring than what that was. I thought the ejection was a bit much also.