My thoughts on a sunday morning

Husker66

I think TO will intervene at some level.

There are 2 main problems as I see it.

1.) Bo is not involved in the offense.

2.) Watson, while being a smart guy whom I generally like, needs to make a radical change in his approach, or he is out.

I would really hate to se Watson go but this offense is awful. I could deal with struggels on the offensive side of the ball if it showed progress, however this offense has moved backwards week after week the O seems worse than it was the week before at this rate by the CU game we will be gaining negitve yardage and I may need to seek help to help me deal with the dissapointment this season has produced some type of change needs to happen NOW.

They have lost their confidence, Zac is not going back and planting his feet and throwing off his rhytym. He should probably start out under center and try to get his passing in sync. But it may be time to install Cody. But if he fails what do we do then?

We ride him and calls plays that cater to his ablilities, for a start.

Zack is completely lost and too worried about screwing up.. apparently the only plays we can call are not plays Zack is good at or at this point are there any he can use to get back on track... or was he ever on-track?

Doesn't really matter at this point, That dog don't hunt.

No but ponder this from ISU coach Rhoads. My players were puking in buckets during before and after the game.

We are now offensively so inept that we could not beat a second string ISU team who had some sort of team wide flu infection! Even puking with the second sting QB and running back we got beat at home!

People this is not about the players. This team is good enough to get 3 points. But not the way we call plays and send in fumblers!

This team is as unwatchable as the Cleveland Browns right now. I don't think I'm going to watch too many complete Husker games for the rest of the year. College football is entertainment for me, so I think I might start watching other games that are more fun to watch. Sitting around for 3+ hours watching this team try to scrounge up more points than turnovers seems kind of silly at this point. I'll follow them but watching the game yesterday afternoon was a waste of three hours. :lol:

What is a waste is reading this board full of comments from spineless fans who aren't tough enough to follow the team through tough times. Sayonara.

I'm busy. I have a good job and a family. Of the time that I do have to myself, I'm supposed to spend three to four hours of it watching a team struggle to score SEVEN points against a mediocre team? It's entertainment, nothing more. It's not like it takes courage to watch awful football.

This team is as unwatchable as the Cleveland Browns right now. I don't think I'm going to watch too many complete Husker games for the rest of the year. College football is entertainment for me, so I think I might start watching other games that are more fun to watch. Sitting around for 3+ hours watching this team try to scrounge up more points than turnovers seems kind of silly at this point. I'll follow them but watching the game yesterday afternoon was a waste of three hours. :lol:

What is a waste is reading this board full of comments from spineless fans who aren't tough enough to follow the team through tough times. Sayonara.

I'm busy. I have a good job and a family. Of the time that I do have to myself, I'm supposed to spend three to four hours of it watching a team struggle to score SEVEN points against a mediocre team? It's entertainment, nothing more. It's not like it takes courage to watch awful football.

That's what being a fan is all about. But we wont miss you since you have other things to do obviously and dont wanna "waste" 3-4 hours of your life watching what you love. But I guess you dont. I do because I love Husker football...regardless of how hard it was to watch games in the BC era and the past 2 weeks I will never EVER watch another "more entertaining" game when the cornhuskers are on. I don't mean to call you out or anything but dont come on to a huskerboard full of ppl that love them and expect us to sympathize with you b/c the game was hard to watch for all of us, but some ppl just persevere in all that they do including things they are passionate about even if it is just college football.

I'm glad you have other things to keep you occupied but you can just [/i]follow another team like Florida State. Arrivederci my friend

I think green should be playing, at least come in for a wildhusker once in a while but Lee didn't lose this game for you. he didn't fumble repeatedly or drop a ball when running wideopen to the end zone. did he play grt? no but then he is not a grt qb, servicable and he did throw several bad balls. have never seen anything like it, strange weekend in a north division in total chaos. as i have repeatedly said all these teams are full of holes and in transition, so it will be a bumpy ride.

as for what to do? keep playing, keep hammering and make smart decisions on playing time. green needs his touches, maybe not starting but lee is no running threat, bring green in to option, bootleg and run the ball. wr's were weak and untested, play the kids and live with the results. helu is obviously hurt, let him rest and play the kids, should be able to handle a depleted baylor team.

as for who wins north? I hope it is you, huskers still have inside track. KSU is weak and played it's weak sisters first so take care of business and hammer ku when you go down there. you should shut their running attack down and tee off on reesing and company, they will still put up pts, they are very talented in passing attack. cu is bad, you should handle them but who really knows this year? KSU? options a lot and huskers should beat them handily.

as for the d, don't get how you think they are that good, Dl is good and suh is a manbeast but rest are only ok and secondary is average at best.

enjoy rest of year knowing it is going to be hard to bear. as for me? I tape games like Tx and watch other games on tv which are more competitive. it is a rough year for all fans of top 3 in north, just remember it is college football and not life.

I think green should be playing, at least come in for a wildhusker once in a while but Lee didn't lose this game for you. he didn't fumble repeatedly or drop a ball when running wideopen to the end zone. did he play grt? no but then he is not a grt qb, servicable and he did throw several bad balls. have never seen anything like it, strange weekend in a north division in total chaos. as i have repeatedly said all these teams are full of holes and in transition, so it will be a bumpy ride.

as for what to do? keep playing, keep hammering and make smart decisions on playing time. green needs his touches, maybe not starting but lee is no running threat, bring green in to option, bootleg and run the ball. wr's were weak and untested, play the kids and live with the results. helu is obviously hurt, let him rest and play the kids, should be able to handle a depleted baylor team.

as for who wins north? I hope it is you, huskers still have inside track. KSU is weak and played it's weak sisters first so take care of business and hammer ku when you go down there. you should shut their running attack down and tee off on reesing and company, they will still put up pts, they are very talented in passing attack. cu is bad, you should handle them but who really knows this year? KSU? options a lot and huskers should beat them handily.

as for the d, don't get how you think they are that good, Dl is good and suh is a manbeast but rest are only ok and secondary is average at best.

enjoy rest of year knowing it is going to be hard to bear. as for me? I tape games like Tx and watch other games on tv which are more competitive. it is a rough year for all fans of top 3 in north, just remember it is college football and not life.

Good stuff, rcruter. Thanks for the input. We've had our ups and downs since you joined, but stuff like this is why you're going to continue to be welcome here. And it's not just because you said we have a shot at the North (you may be more optimistic about that than us right now).

The rough part of Missouri's schedule is over. Keep your chin up. The North is wide open.