FIRE Shawn Watson and BENCH Zach Lee to save the season

Watson should NOT be fired. You can only call so many plays with Lee at Qb. He's done a nice job at hiding his inability to throw across the middle. After re-watching the game and asking myself what I would do with a Qb such as Lee theres not much else you can do.

Watson has got to call plays that he believes will succeed, unfortunately with Lee.. its all bubbles, hitches (anything within 5 yards) and zone reads.

Exactly. He needs to bench Lee, but if Lee is in there, then his playcalling is limited severely. Perhaps he doesn't think Green is ready yet. I don't think that should matter since we're starting a guy who was never ready in the first place.

I think Lee should be benched but Watson in no way should be fired. I think we need to stick to the run with Cody Green at QB and stick to it no matter what. I can't even count how many times yesterday we would have a dominating drive running the ball, I'm talking at least 6 ypc the whole drive then we would fumble. We would get the ball back, run on the first play get like one yard then pass two times in a row then punt. If we run on first down and get two yards, just keep running the damn ball. At least we are trying to wear down the defense if we continually run. I can't stand it when we go three and out passing the ball. Watson is so damn concerned about passing as much as he runs there is no rhyme or reason for anything he does, all that matters is the run numbers have to be close to the pass numbers.

I saw PERFECTION :wtf:facepalm::wacko::wtf

"A few final thoughts...

Posted by: Steve Sipple on October 24, 2009 at 8:20PM CST

Wrapping up a second straight rough loss for Nebraska . . .

* Bo Pelini said it was an easy decision to start Zac Lee over freshman Cody Green. Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said the coaches never considered inserting Green into Saturday's game.

"Lee managed a great game, guys," Watson said. "I'm just telling you, he was perfect."

Perfect? Really?

"As far as getting us in the right plays and doing the things we asked him to do in this game plan, he did a really nice job," Watson said.

That said, the QB issue obviously isn't going away."

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extr...thoughts_3.html

I think Lee should be benched but Watson in no way should be fired. I think we need to stick to the run with Cody Green at QB and stick to it no matter what. I can't even count how many times yesterday we would have a dominating drive running the ball, I'm talking at least 6 ypc the whole drive then we would fumble. We would get the ball back, run on the first play get like one yard then pass two times in a row then punt. If we run on first down and get two yards, just keep running the damn ball. At least we are trying to wear down the defense if we continually run. I can't stand it when we go three and out passing the ball. Watson is so damn concerned about passing as much as he runs there is no rhyme or reason for anything he does, all that matters is the run numbers have to be close to the pass numbers.

Yeah. Dr. Tom ran his way into many 3-and-outs early in games because he knew it would pay off later. By the end of those games guys were getting 5-10 yards per carry, consistently.

Ya, I see it every weekend with Alabama. They continually run the ball right at the defense and maybe early in the game they are gaining 3-4 ypc but after a while Ingram begins to break runs off in bunches. I don't see why we just refuse to stick to the run. I think we should swing Marcel Jones over to LT and put DJ Jones in at RT and run the ball on like a 70/30 ratio. I realize that DJ Jones may not be the best pass blocker we have but he sure can run block. Mike Smith simply isn't big enough or strong enough to run behind. Does Wats think it's coincidence that every time we run to the left we get at most like 5 yards usually 1-3, when we ran to the right we would be getting at least 6?

Watson should NOT be fired. You can only call so many plays with Lee at Qb. He's done a nice job at hiding his inability to throw across the middle. After re-watching the game and asking myself what I would do with a Qb such as Lee theres not much else you can do.

Watson has got to call plays that he believes will succeed, unfortunately with Lee.. its all bubbles, hitches (anything within 5 yards) and zone reads.

According to Shawn Watson and Zac Lee... they can call 320 plays for him... It just happens to be that those 320 plays look nearly all the same. :LOLtartar

Remember where Shawn Watson was fired from? Oh yeah, that offensive powerhouse Colorado. Us CU fans laugh a bit since we had these same discussions years ago and were hoping that he'd get scooped up and out of our program. What luck that he goes to a rival and implodes your offense too.

Obviously CU is in bad shape as well, but I do take some solace from the Watson thing...

You guys warned us. I remember reading time and time again from CU fans that Watson can only win with superior athletes. However, I still don't think his play calling is what cost us the game Saturday or even last week for that matter.

The simple answer to that statement is - Where is our power run game?

You guys warned us. I remember reading time and time again from CU fans that Watson can only win with superior athletes. However, I still don't think his play calling is what cost us the game Saturday or even last week for that matter.

It's been missing for 12 years now, I think it's time to put another face on the milk carton, that offense is lost, and will never be found. It's now a cold case :(

We tried it, and we put the ball on the carpet. Not saying we shouldn't have went back to it, but I think Watson was just trying to come up with some play that would get the ball into someone else's hands thinking maybe just maybe someone on the offense could hold onto the friggin ball.

Watson wont get fired its just that simple! Zac should get benched for next weeks game at baylor ....but probably wont. I belive it when I hear from the coaches that Green isnt ready to run the offense...it means that he isnt ready yet. We've had 2 horrible games in a row now offensively. So im thinking that something has got to give at some point.