Got Kool Aid

skersfan

I just want to say a few things.

Not a kool aid drinker, have not been since the Callahan second year.

But I think we are being way to far down on this team for yesterday's performance.

My takes:

The Oline protected Zac quite well.

The Oline opened holes for our running backs:

The Oline cut down on pentalties 3 for 25 is acceptable

Rating B+

Running Backs:

Ran hard at every opportunity:

Helu is injured and was in the Missouri game, valiant but needs to set.

Robinson fumbled trying to get every inch he could. Driving, fast, elusive, quick, determined. True freshman that should be starting after this week I think. Give Helu time to heal.

Rating B-

WR's we need some, no question.

Rating F

Zac Lee, played okay, he did not cost us this game. He is not a dynamic leader. But if two very good coaches feel he is the best we have, my guess is, he is.

Cody Green. Obviously not ready. But I would find a way to get him on the field.

Rating C

McNeil, should be on the field every single down. He is a weapon and he is not used to his fullest ability.

I normally harp on talent, not being here, but it was not a talent problem yesterday, just a real bad day at the office. It was not coaching, even though they have to take the responsibility. These kids have been playing football for 12-16 years, they know how to hold on to the ball, they know how to catch.

I think we will be better next week, but these kids are down on themselves already, no need in us piling on them.

Look for the positives, as there were a lot in there yesterday.

Good point on Robinson skersfan. He did very well and should definately be on the field more. I didn't appreciate the offensive lineman that had be pulled away as he got in Robinson's face when he fumbled the ball. His a$$ should be benched for that, we have enough problems and don't need the team to start fighting with one another.

it is ISU..... ANY BACK SHOULD DO WELL.

Your rating makes no sense for Lee then you say Mcneil is a weapon, He threw it right in his bread basket every time and he can't hall it in, give me a break.

Is that a serious comment? Lee never throws it to McNeil or for that matter any of the TE's. They should get the ball a lot more often because they can actually catch. The pick was underthrown and behind McNeil. It was an awful throw that would was almost incledibly caught.

If you look for negatives you can find them easily.

Yesterday hurt no question.

Zac is our QB, he is what he is.

Yes he through the ball behind on that play and normally does not hit the reciever in stride, but we all know that and have since the VaTech game.

Zac made a beautiful play to Niles that ended up being a fumble. If that had not have happened the confidence and momentum may have changed. There were just too many things that went wrong yesterday. Why, I doubt anyone knows or ever will. Bo said he had never seen anything like it. Normally when you have that many turnovers, you are getting phyiscally manhandled. We were not.

I remember a Texas game that was about the same, it cost a National Championship game. Tom was the coach then, I doubt many were calling for his head afterwards.

The sooner we put this behind us as a fan base the better. This team needs our support, not our ridicule.

I do not normally think these kids should be coddled, but the last two games are hard to accept as anything but wierd.

Normally I am the one saying be realistic. Look at what we have and decide what happened. I can not do that with these last two games.

It's just disappointing to know that our D is so good and our offense consistently take dumps on the field. 7 points against Iowa State? Are you serious? Eight turnovers and the defense still only gave up nine points.

DO SOMETHING OFFENSE!!!

ANYTHING. let the D give you the damn ball anywhere inside the 50 yard line and let henery kick a FG every time, hell give him all 4 downs to attempt it. that's going to be more points than this inept offense could ever score against a quality (even ISU quality) opponent.

on a side note, i feel terrible for Suh. as much as he plays it off in his pressers, he has got to be furious. he came back for his senior season so zac lee and the O could take a big sh#t on the field every time they get the ball.

ANYTHING. let the D give you the damn ball anywhere inside the 50 yard line and let henery kick a FG every time, hell give him all 4 downs to attempt it. that's going to be more points than this inept offense could ever score against a quality (even ISU quality) opponent.

on a side note, i feel terrible for Suh. as much as he plays it off in his pressers, he has got to be furious. he came back for his senior season so zac lee and the O could take a big sh#t on the field every time they get the ball.

The whole D is probably annoyed. I mean, the D had to put up with eight offensive turnovers and yet still kept Iowa State to nine points.

I watched the whole game thinking there's no way we lose if Iowa State only scores nine points.

I'm glad to see I was wrong <_<