Option offense is BACK

HN1987

Or maybe we can just talk about it. With the way things are going this year, why not consider returning Nebraska back to what the program was once known for. I feel like I'm in some kind of sick nightmare and when I finally wake up I will see the Huskers playing elite college football teams with their strong defense and a run attack. The Westcoast offense is NOT Nebraska. Callahan destroyed the program and we tried to get rid of him and the problems he brought (one of those being Watson IMO). Let's get this mess turned around and let Pelini have some influence on the offense. A running attack with his kind of attitude would be unstoppable. Paired with his Defense we would be a legit team once again.

So, lets say things don't shape up by the end of the season on offense. What are the chances we get rid of Watson and the entire West Coast mess?

I do recall in 2002 everyone wishing we had a less predictable offence, and then in 2007 everyone wanted the spread. I hate to tell you this but it's not the offense you run, it's the way you execute....

Bringing back the option nor restoring the NU/OU rivalry is going to make us good again

I do recall in 2002 everyone wishing we had a less predictable offence, and then in 2007 everyone wanted the spread. I hate to tell you this but it's not the offense you run, it's the way you execute....

Bringing back the option nor restoring the NU/OU rivalry is going to make us good again

I would rather have an option / run first offense for the simple reason that it is boring as hell to watch Watson's pass first east/west scheme. I would rather watch a predictable smash mouth game of football than the crap we're putting on the field now.

good post.

VERY true.

the grass is greener thing...

Please don't take offence, but it is funny to me how short peoples memories are. I remember very well how most fans wanted TO's head on a stick before Tommie Frazier came into Big Red country. From roughly 88 to early 92 peple were getting pissed that we didn't pass more or saying that the game had passed TO buy. All we do is run, run, run they would say, or, we are to predictable. Sound Familier? There were many times were TO was having to defend his offense. Also, our defense wasn't that good either and people wanted Charle Mcbrides head wright next to Dr. Tom's. Our defense got better when we realized speed was better than just size and we switched to a 4-3 front. Anyway, back then we begged for a pass happy offense and now we are begging for smash mouth football. It has everything to do with discipline, fundementals and good play calling. I don't know about you guys, but I am not seeing any of that lately on offense. I like Bo, but it starts at the top and he needs to realize that there's more to football than just defense. I hope he lights a fire under Watson and Co.'s a$$e$ that gets the point across or at the end of the season, they can pack their bags. For the record, I don't mean Bo.

:yeah

Watson's offense may be annoying to some of you out there, but the truth of the matter is we would all love it if Zac Lee could find open men down field, our running backs got 150+ plus game, and our receivers caught balls. The problems on offense are not because of scheme, they are because of players, or the lack there of. Scheme doesn't make you fumble a 70+yard touchdown pass streaking down the field, a player does.