Bowl Projection..

typ3kal

Are we in any worse shape than we were in 2007?

I honestly don't know...but I would rather take a 9-7 loss to ISU than the beatdowns by KU, OSU, and MU that we took in 2007..that was rock bottom...right now we are simply free falling...but hopefully we can grab a tree limb on the way down and drag ourselves back up.

Good to see ESPN being realistic.

Arkansas would win by 30+ vs. Nebraska.

So you're implying that Nebraska wouldn't score at all and that Arkansas would score more on our defense than one of the most profilic offenses in the country (Texas Tech)? That's not exactly a realist opinion; that's more like a really stupid opinion.

What I'm saying is that Arkansas would beat Nebraska by 30+. Texas Tech absolutely packed it in against Nebraska in the 2nd half after being up by three touchdowns.

Arkansas is much better than Texas Tech and gave Florida everything they wanted and more last weekend. Mallett would SHREAD the Nebraska secondary.

So you're implying that Nebraska wouldn't score at all and that Arkansas would score more on our defense than one of the most profilic offenses in the country (Texas Tech)? That's not exactly a realist opinion; that's more like a really stupid opinion.

What I'm saying is that Arkansas would beat Nebraska by 30+. Texas Tech absolutely packed it in against Nebraska in the 2nd half after being up by three touchdowns.

Arkansas is much better than Texas Tech and gave Florida everything they wanted and more last weekend. Mallett would SHREAD the Nebraska secondary.

:facepalm: oh my. tech only scored 24 points. giving florida a run for their money is nothing special. they havent really showed me anything this year. miss st gave them a run. bama will trash them.

:facepalm: oh my. tech only scored 24 points. giving florida a run for their money is nothing special. they havent really showed me anything this year. miss st gave them a run. bama will trash them.

You must have left mid-way through the fourth quarter. Texas Tech scored again and dropped 31 on the Huskers.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292900158

You must have left mid-way through the fourth quarter. Texas Tech scored again and dropped 31 on the Huskers.

you must not be a husker fan, but a troll. The nebraska defense only gave up 24. :thumbs

Go back and see how many points Tech's offense scored and get back to us, sport.

Tech packed it in in the 2nd half offensively. Would have been much worse if they attacked down the field more.

I guess it's comforting to know that Nebraska is so inept offensively that once you get the lead, Zac Lee, Niles Paul, Roy Helu and every other Husker will tighten their butthole like a vice grip and it's over.

Then he is counting on the Huskers to self-destruct. I still have confidence in the Huskers, that things will turn around, the offense will gel at some point, and the ball will bounce in their favor. However it gets done, it'll happen.

Huskers will take at least 2 of 5 to get eligible. But I see them doing better than that. I've seen enough football that a few terrible weeks can be followed by a few tremendous weeks.

Are we in any worse shape than we were in 2007?

We are supposed to believe we are in better shape then 2007 but if you ask me from the outside looking in it doesn’t appear that we are that much better off then we were then. I guess we can be proud of the fact that the players never gave up like it appeared some did in 2007. That being said if there is more on the field yelling at each other and the losses start to mount up then I would definitely say we are not better off then we were in 2007 but we are in the exact same spot, which is insignificant.

The thing that irks me is that there was so much promise before the season and even with the performances against Va-Tech and the comeback against Mizzou. I guess though the Mizzou game isn’t that big of a win now that they have bombed since then and will more then likely continue downward. So really what do we have to hang our hat on this year? A solid performance against Va-Tech, 3 Sun Belt wins and 3 games where we played pretty much crappy football against very average teams.

If we win a couple more games and make it to a bowl game are we supposed to count this season as success? I would hope not especially if that bowl game is in Shreveport on December 28th.