Why not bring T. Frazier into the program?

typ3kal

He had some obvious Doane struggles- who wouldn't.. but why not have him take over Watson's duties as a QB coach or implement him in someway to bring some fire to the offensive coaching? It would appear to me that he could help challenge the lackluster offenses we have had. Tommie's greatest attribute was his motivation and competitive nature, maybe some of that could wear off on the players now. :moreinteresting

Just because a guy had a fantastic career as a college player, does not automatically make him coaching material!

No it doesn't make him a good coach, but Tommie was known for coming in and taking control of the locker room and motivating the other people on the team. I think the QB situation would benefit from someone other than Watson who can motivate and talk confidence into the quarter back.

IMO half of the battle in coaching is just motivating the players and getting them to not fall into the mental traps and break downs that inevitably occur every game.

Frazier would probably be in the bottom third of the people in the country I would want as a qb coach. No offense to him or what he accomplished here but I would think there would be at least 50 other coaches I would pick before him if I really sat down and looked.

there are d2 coaches i'd rather have, he took a successful doane program and ran off what half the players? he's a great player but as a coach he is lacking.

Nobody liked him at Doane. The players thought he was an a-hole.

This

I know several folks that have had negative experiences with Frazier. He was one of the all-time gamers and deserves props for that but I don't want a coach with a history of players quitting on him. We saw what happened when we hired BC, who'd just lost his raider team.

Look, bringing in our former cast of star players as coaches is going to do NOTHING for our current situation. All the hoop-de-la about Joey Ganz...sheeez, he was a decent QB, but does that mean dude can coach a lick?

You can line the sidelines with all of our favorite old-timers...Crouch, Frazier, Frost, Wistroms, Erstad, whoever...the fact is these guys can't change squat about this program.

Bottom line is our QB situation fell apart, starting back in the spring when Witt quit. Then Spano got hurt. Then Green had to burn his redshirt. Then we heard all the hoop-de-la about how Zac Lee was Joey Ganz on steriods and that turned out to be a gross exaggeration.

Let's forget about the has-beens and let the coaches coach. It will get better. Patience.

Nobody liked him at Doane. The players thought he was an a-hole.

What is this even suppoused to mean? I've never had a football coach in my life who wasn't an "a-hole" in some respect, but that didn't make them a good football coach. Nobody likes Urban Meyer at Florida and he is a total "a-hole", but he gets results.