North Breakdown

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think we are better than we've shown. I mean, before the TTU game, we are literally a non holding call away from being 5-0 and in the top 10, maybe higher. Then we played horrid on offense against TTU and had 8 turnovers against Iowa State. It took all 8 for us to lose that game, too. So, with that being said, we could easily be 6-1 right now and nobody would be questioning anything. Basically, the 8 turnovers have almost decided our season for us like we aren't capable of beating the rest of the teams we play. I saw a few posts about the math of TAMU beating TTU and this and that. Try this math problem out:

We lose to Va Tech 16-15 on a last drive

Va Tech hammered Miami 31-7

Miami beat OU 21-20

So, if you add all of that up, we beat OU right? I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the season is only halfway over. I still think we can do well the rest of the season. Minus another 8 turnover game, I think we can win out and even beat OU at home. I know it won't be easy and again, I may be overly optimistic but I think we can do it.

GO BIG RED!

+1

The North is an absolute joke this year. More so than any other year. Texas Tech is 2 - 2 in conference ranked fourth in the South behind Texas, OU, and OSU. With a 2 - 2 record the fourth place South team would be tied for second. Furthermore Texas A&M is 5th in the South and would be tied for third in the North with us, KU, and Colorado.

I really hope we try to shake up the conference. A team from the North need to be booted and one of the Oklahoma moved to the North. Then they could move in one of the other team out of Texas. We need to get legitimacy so we don't become the Pac-10 or Big Ten.

Nothing gets me more steamed under the collar than when I hear comments like this. How about this, why don't the teams in the north get their heads out of their asses and quit crying over Texas and Oklahoma and start figuring out a way to work harder, smarter, and faster and then beat the teams in the south? There is no doubt in my mind that right now, some schools in the north are frigin scared of OU and Texas and lose before the coin toss. One team in the north isn't scared of OU or Texas because they are coached by a total moron and they don't have enough time to be intimidated by UT or OU because they know their HC will call fake punts from within his own 10 yard line. So instead of booting, why don't these schools just grow a pair or at least find some coaches that have a clue and then perhaps parity will come to town.

The North is an absolute joke this year. More so than any other year. Texas Tech is 2 - 2 in conference ranked fourth in the South behind Texas, OU, and OSU. With a 2 - 2 record the fourth place South team would be tied for second. Furthermore Texas A&M is 5th in the South and would be tied for third in the North with us, KU, and Colorado.

I really hope we try to shake up the conference. A team from the North need to be booted and one of the Oklahoma moved to the North. Then they could move in one of the other team out of Texas. We need to get legitimacy so we don't become the Pac-10 or Big Ten.

Nothing gets me more steamed under the collar than when I hear comments like this. How about this, why don't the teams in the north get their heads out of their asses and quit crying over Texas and Oklahoma and start figuring out a way to work harder, smarter, and faster and then beat the teams in the south? There is no doubt in my mind that right now, some schools in the north are frigin scared of OU and Texas and lose before the coin toss. One team in the north isn't scared of OU or Texas because they are coached by a total moron and they don't have enough time to be intimidated by UT or OU because they know their HC will call fake punts from within his own 10 yard line. So instead of booting, why don't these schools just grow a pair or at least find some coaches that have a clue and then perhaps parity will come to town.

You're right. Think about when the conference first started. Nebraska and K-State were blowing people up; Colorado with Neuihesal (sic) was decent, and Mizzou could hang with some people. In the South, Texas wasn't Texas, Tech was kinda starting to find the way, but not really, Baylor, OU and OSU were horrible, leaving Texas A & M as the division's "standard bearer". Nobody talked about splitting things up then. Hopefully the North comes around in the near future.

I don't know the south is kinda screwy this year too. OU has 2 non conference losses. TT and OSU both lose to Houston. TT beats up kstate which beats up TA&M which beats up TT. Texas had to score special teams and defensive touchdowns to put away colorado. It's obvious that division is hands down better but they've had quite a few strange things happen this season too. The south has taken care of the north again this year for the most part. But that was expected right?

Well why not? It's up for grabs and if Nebraska is only in a slump then they could easily turn it around.

KU has 2 conf losses, still has to play TT, Texas, missouri (kstate), us

MU has 3 conf losses still has to play CU, KSU, KU, (ISU, baylor)

KSU has 1 conf loss still has OU, KU, MU, us (that's a rough stretch)

CU has 2 conf losses still has MU, A&M, ISU, OKSt, us

ISU has 2 conf losses still has A&M, okst, CU, MU

Neb 2 conf losses still has Baylor, OU, KU, KSU, CU

pretty even still....all it takes is some changes in the gameplan. We have the talent. It's been there just not consistently. If the staff gets it together we should be the favorites. We'll see.