North Breakdown

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think we are better than we've shown. I mean, before the TTU game, we are literally a non holding call away from being 5-0 and in the top 10, maybe higher. Then we played horrid on offense against TTU and had 8 turnovers against Iowa State. It took all 8 for us to lose that game, too. So, with that being said, we could easily be 6-1 right now and nobody would be questioning anything. Basically, the 8 turnovers have almost decided our season for us like we aren't capable of beating the rest of the teams we play. I saw a few posts about the math of TAMU beating TTU and this and that. Try this math problem out:

We lose to Va Tech 16-15 on a last drive

Va Tech hammered Miami 31-7

Miami beat OU 21-20

So, if you add all of that up, we beat OU right? I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the season is only halfway over. I still think we can do well the rest of the season. Minus another 8 turnover game, I think we can win out and even beat OU at home. I know it won't be easy and again, I may be overly optimistic but I think we can do it.

GO BIG RED!

The only part I disagree withis this.

Their defense is only average outside of the defensive line

I think our whole defense has played well and yes the dline has played the best but average? Just the way this statement is worded gets under my skin.

Ya, me too. I think our defense maybe second only to OU in our conf. but to say it is average shows his MU homerism.

Nearly all of the remaining B12 N games are toss ups at this point. It seems to me that this guy gave Missouri their toss up games, while pretty much splitting the rest, which is very convenient for Missouri. I'm pretty sure I could tailor a reasonable outcome to put any of the 6 teams on top. Missouri certainly has a chance to win the north, but they are 0-3 losing each by 2+ TDs, so I don't see them as the favorite.

The North is an absolute joke this year. More so than any other year. Texas Tech is 2 - 2 in conference ranked fourth in the South behind Texas, OU, and OSU. With a 2 - 2 record the fourth place South team would be tied for second. Furthermore Texas A&M is 5th in the South and would be tied for third in the North with us, KU, and Colorado.

I really hope we try to shake up the conference. A team from the North need to be booted and one of the Oklahoma moved to the North. Then they could move in one of the other team out of Texas. We need to get legitimacy so we don't become the Pac-10 or Big Ten.

Linebackers are playing better than the first few games and that's good to see. I've still been a little skeptical with single coverage or when I see our corners downfield one on one. They have improved since last year and thats encouraging. There's no such thing as a shut down corner, but they are rarely looking back at the ball downfield. The corners and safeties and LBs are doing good against short passes. The safeties are helping out on running plays and not biting as often on play action as much. Could use some more picks by the secondary. Overall as a group, they are doing better and better. And that's what we wanted and had hoped.

fair enough assesment and the NU D comment was accurate, good line play, rest are ordinary. besides it is all nitpicking but please go ahead and prove everyone wrong, including many posters here and win the darn north. troubling is everyone is mediocre overall and that includes mu. besides KU who has a real identity? who does something on O that you can impose on someone else, like MU and KU have done last 3 years, no on but themselves could really stop their passing attack. Now? not so much.

it is a jambled mess and feel free to predict anything over next few weeks. he was wrong on 1 pt, if NU played ISU 10 times you would beat them 9 or 10 times, it was a total self destruction only. had nothing todo with who you played, ISU has little talent.

IMO you play green and when in doubt let him take off and run, he is very good at that, Lee? not really.

who wins the north? who cares, go ahead take it if you care to. but fixing fundamental problems, for NU, MU or KU are the more important issues.

fair enough assesment and the NU D comment was accurate, good line play, rest are ordinary.

I think you (and the article) have it wrong. The DL play is GREAT. Probably best in the nation . . . or close to it. The back 7 play is good. It's not good line play and ordinary back 7 . . . it's great line play and good back 7.

My condolences on the no wins in conference thing though.