Shawn Watson

huskers1

I was thinking about this and wanted to get some other opinions. Does anyone think that Wats knows he can just pound the ball and be fine but wants to show other teams that are looking for a head coach that he can out scheme other d coordinators? Really if he were to have our backs run the ball 40 times a game and we scored 30 pts a game its really no reflection on how he is doing as an o coordinator just that he has really good backs and o line. It almost seems like he wants to pound his chest and say look I was setting up this pass the whole game and it worked to perfection just like I thought it would. Instead of going deep a handful of times each game and maybe getting one and having people say well maybe he got lucky that one time. Maybe on his resume he can say look at my offense its so balanced, we ran the ball 32 times and passed it 37 instead of doing what works and run the ball 40-50 times a game. Thoughts?

I was thinking about this and wanted to get some other opinions. Does anyone think that Wats knows he can just pound the ball and be fine but wants to show other teams that are looking for a head coach that he can out scheme other d coordinators? Really if he were to have our backs run the ball 40 times a game and we scored 30 pts a game its really no reflection on how he is doing as an o coordinator just that he has really good backs and o line. It almost seems like he wants to pound his chest and say look I was setting up this pass the whole game and it worked to perfection just like I thought it would. Instead of going deep a handful of times each game and maybe getting one and having people say well maybe he got lucky that one time. Maybe on his resume he can say look at my offense its so balanced, we ran the ball 32 times and passed it 37 instead of doing what works and run the ball 40-50 times a game. Thoughts?

There is something to that.