Brooks Out, Helu Healthy

typ3kal

Before the season started and we knew the QB battle would be mainly between Lee/Witt and Spano I was hoping to see Lee/Spano//Washington/Green/Witt in that order. I think the injury to Spano is huge now and almost forgotten. I am a big Lee fan and supporter, but he is having some issues. Comparing Spano and Green in their first spring game to me was night and day. Green looked very green while Spano looked further along last year. I thought Washington looked very good and poised despite the limited playbook. Are they redshirting Washington?

I think the calls to bench Frost in 1996 in favor of London were completely rediculous. The boos which he didn't deserve almost seemed to give him a charge and motivated him to really step up. Rememeber how mad he was on TV after he scored that TD at Washington? I think the boos Lee has received have hurt his psyche. He's damaged goods so to speak....

Before the season started and we knew the QB battle would be mainly between Lee/Witt and Spano I was hoping to see Lee/Spano//Washington/Green/Witt in that order. I think the injury to Spano is huge now and almost forgotten. I am a big Lee fan and supporter, but he is having some issues. Comparing Spano and Green in their first spring game to me was night and day. Green looked very green while Spano looked further along last year. I thought Washington looked very good and poised despite the limited playbook. Are they redshirting Washington?

I think the calls to bench Frost in 1996 in favor of London were completely rediculous. The boos which he didn't deserve almost seemed to give him a charge and motivated him to really step up. Rememeber how mad he was on TV after he scored that TD at Washington? I think the boos Lee has received have hurt his psyche. He's damaged goods so to speak....

Well we've narrowed your options a bunch. We've lost to VT, lost 3/4 of a game to Misery, got blown out by TT and beat by Iowa State without their qb or leading RB in the conference.

I don't buy it's the boos that's the problem. The kid is like a deer in the headlights against big time competition (Iowa State was not big time competition, he just helped marginally in losing that game)-the problem is that Lee is either afraid to run the ball or physically incapable. With his aiming the ball and only being able to throw the ball 5 yards accurately, not having a run threat is devastating.

Lee's psyche seems damaged no doubt. Sometimes that's just the way it goes though, and you can't have a QB with a damaged psyche. I'm a Lee fan and I hope we'll stay with him and he'll pull through for us...but I admit we've all gotten spoiled the past few years with gritty, unheralded QBs who we could always just count on and believe in with Zac Taylor and Joe Ganz. That's not the norm and we've been blessed.

We'll see what happens.

from what i saw from Robinson against ISU (minus the fumble) he looks capable of shouldering (no pun towards Helu intended) the load.

and ya, i meant why earlier. edited the post.

Robinson looked freakin awesome.

If the coaches can just keep him from battling for one more step, that last 1/2 yard, and he'll be golden.

After watching the isu game film, you know baylor will be trying to stand up the backs and strip the ball.

I hope they wait until helu is 100% before letting him take a snap.

FYI, my dad was listening to KFAB, they said 99% chance that Green will take the first snap.

Don't go biting my head off, I don't start rumors, i'm just saying that's what he heard on the radio.

Was he listening to Sean Hannity?