Brooks Out, Helu Healthy

typ3kal

QB starter unclear; Brooks out

Posted by: Brian Christopherson on October 29, 2009 at 5:42PM CST

The Huskers finished out their practice week on a rainy Thursday in Lincoln inside the Hawks Championship Center.

Looks like you'll have to go to bed the next two nights wondering who will take Nebraska's first snap Saturday. Zac Lee or Cody Green?

"We'll find out on Saturday, won't we?" Husker coach Bo Pelini said. "I don't announce that. We'll evaluate the tape and see how it goes."

He was asked if Lee would have a short leash if he started and the offense sputtered?

"There's no short leashes," he said. "We want guys to go out there and execute."

Husker wide receiver Chris Brooks has been practicing the past couple days, but is still not full strength from a lower back injury. He will not be on the travel roster. "Chris, obviously he's missed about 10 days. He's still a little nicked up. He's going to need a couple more days."

As for how the practice went? Pelini approved. "I thought the competition was good. I saw a lot of guys getting better," Pelini said. "And once again we got back to fundamentals and technique and stressed those things. We got to put it on the field on Saturday. The effort's been there. Now we have to execute."

As for Roy Helu? He remained in the green no-contact jersey, but Pelini said: "He's better than he's been in a few weeks."

I hope they wait until helu is 100% before letting him take a snap.

FYI, my dad was listening to KFAB, they said 99% chance that Green will take the first snap.

Don't go biting my head off, I don't start rumors, i'm just saying that's what he heard on the radio.

If he separated that shoulder he won't be 100% until after the season, if then. Don't be surprised in the least to find out that Helu had surgery in the off season to "clean things up." I think he's hurt WAY more than they're letting on.

If he separated that shoulder he won't be 100% until after the season, if then. Don't be surprised in the least to find out that Helu had surgery in the off season to "clean things up." I think he's hurt WAY more than they're letting on.

Separated huh? Is that what the word is?

Well whatever it is, I hope they don't keep playing him and hurting him, i'd rather see him play again next year than end up with a chronic shoulder problem. <_<

Well whatever it is, I hope they don't keep playing him and hurting him, i'd rather see him play again next year than end up with a chronic shoulder problem. <_<

No, separated is purely my speculation. It just looks like a sep to me. That's all. I have no source and no link, so that an $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee. :)

Word is "stinger"?

Anyway, it doesn't sound like Helu is healthy like the title suggests. We could be seeing a lot of RB depth now that #1, 2, and 3 heading into the season are all out.

Stinger is the word from Bo, who said something equally banal when asked about Zac Lee, whose injury turned out to be a bone splinter.

While I'm a fan of Bo, I will NOT take anything he says about injuries seriously, ever.

FYI, my dad was listening to KFAB, they said 99% chance that Green will take the first snap.

Don't go biting my head off, I don't start rumors, i'm just saying that's what he heard on the radio.

By this time last week we knew who the starting QB was since nothing changed. With no announcement until Saturday, and I had to make a bet, I'd put the cash down on Green. Just my gut feeling.

Unless.. BP is trying to prevent a riot by not saying it's Lee. :dunno

So I have no clue. Dont really care much. I just want to see the offense run the way these guys are capable of. Some big plays would be great. Some steady drives that put points on the board. And when Huskers leave Waco they come home with some momentum and confidence. Just play lights out the rest of the year, win or lose.

No, separated is purely my speculation. It just looks like a sep to me. That's all. I have no source and no link, so that an $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee. :)

Shoulders aren't something to mess with. I would also rather see the guy sit now and come back 100% next year rather than being 80% or less for the rest of his time here.

Shoulder seperations are weird animals. Depending on the degree, the recovery time can vary greatly. Given that they he played last week, I'm thinking this may be a minor one. If that's not the case, Bo is a moron because the Dr's can tell what degree of a seperation it is.