WR DaVaris Daniels

Player: DaVaris Daniels

Hometown: Vernon Hills, IL

Position: WR

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 190 lbs.

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arkansas, Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Purdue, Wisconsin

Favorites: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Purdue, Tennessee, Texas, USC, Wisconsin

Rivals:

Scout: :star:star:star:star

• 1 month later...

DaVaris Daniels picked up his fifth offer recently. The Vernon Hills star already held ones from Miami (FL), Illinois, Nebraska and Wisconsin.

"Iowa offered me," he reported to Scout.com today.

The 6'3, 190-lb Daniels is the son of current Washington Redskin defensive end Phillip Daniels and has excelled as a return man, receiver and safety since starting his freshman year on varsity.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
2011 wide receiver DaVaris Daniels (Vernon Hills, Ill.) has received a scholarship offer from Notre Dame, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

Illinois, Miami-FL, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Iowa have also offered scholarships to the 6-foot-2, 165-pound ESPNU 150 Watch List talent.

"(Notre Dame assistant coach Chuck Martin) was talking about how Coach Kelly has never really had real wide receivers, people that have always played that position, but transferred over and he made that work," Daniels said. "He showed he can do it with people that had to learn the receiver spot, imagine what he could do with you."

Daniels' father is NFL defensive lineman Phillip Daniels. His godfather is Andre Jones, the father of Irish freshman receiver Tai-ler Jones. The two grew up together before Daniels moved away from Georgia.

• 3 weeks later...
Notre Dame is my number one[sic]After that I’m pretty open,” DaVaris Daniels said. “After that I’m pretty open.” Daniels attended the Irish Junior Day on March 20. “I loved the whole vibe there. It was great. I was there for the USC game last season when Charlie Weis was coach and it was very different. He seemed very chill and it didn’t feel like there was a lot of urgency back then. Coach Kelly is totally different ..
Notre Dame is my number one[sic]After that I’m pretty open,” DaVaris Daniels said. “After that I’m pretty open.” Daniels attended the Irish Junior Day on March 20. “I loved the whole vibe there. It was great. I was there for the USC game last season when Charlie Weis was coach and it was very different. He seemed very chill and it didn’t feel like there was a lot of urgency back then. Coach Kelly is totally different ..

6'3 and a 4.4...... we could use him

:hellloooo

6'3 and a 4.4...... we could use him

:hellloooo

Oh yeah. I would use "chill" to describe Bo.

• 2 months later...

DaVaris Daniels’ recruitment is turning into quite a drama.

As I reported in this morning’s “Ten at 10,” the highly-touted wide receiver out of Vernon Hills, Ill., abruptly canceled a press conference he had scheduled for noon Tuesday. According to a Chicago Sun Times report, Daniels was expected to commit to Miami over Notre Dame at that time.

As you may also know, Daniels’ father is none other than UGA letterman and Georgia native Phillip Daniels, a longtime NFL player most recently with the Washington Redskins. Well, somebody claiming to be Daniels absolutely lambasted the author of the Sun Times article, calling it “a fabrication” and “a bunch of lies.” In particular, Daniels took exception to the story’s assertion that Daniels could not academically qualify for admission to Notre Dame, his first choice, which is why he was going to commit to Miami, his second choice.

Click on THIS LINK and you can see Daniels’ alleged comments in the comment section below the article.

Meanwhile, Daniels’ recruitment by his father’s alma mater remains somewhat of a mystery. What is known is that the Bulldogs have not offered the 6-foot-3, 180-pound Daniels a scholarship. This is frustrating to Phillip Daniels, who has personally weighed in on it before on the fan forum at UGASports.com.

It has been theorized that the Bulldogs — who are in need of wide receivers — simply want Daniels to attend a camp so that can get a first-hand assessment. As of this writing Daniels hasn’t done that.

Nevertheless, Daniels is considered one of the best prospects in the greater Chicago area and has more than a dozen scholarship offers. So he has some choices. Looks like he’s going to take some more time to consider them.

Stay tuned. This one could get interesting.

LINK

• 3 months later...

Wow, I wonder how T Rob feels starting on the line for the Irish now. When he committed, riding the fumes of the "Brady Quinn good years" at ND, he probably looked at us and looked at the Domers and thought, "I wonder where I have a better chance to win a national championship?"

Oh, how the tables have turned. AND HOW SWEET IT IS!!