Helu... why?

It's obvious that something is up with Helu. Ever since the Missery game he hasn't been the same and it's painfully obvious. It's time to sit him for at least one game and give him a chance to heal up. We are going to need him for the North games and not that this game against OU doesn't mean much, but it won't help us in the North.

:dunno

Don't all conference games count toward winning the North?

But winning the games in the North is the most important thing. If you go 5-0 in the North and 0-3 against South teams, I'm pretty sure you still win the North.

I would be willing to bet Helu has to have surgery on his shoulder in the off-season. I think it is probably so dinged at this point that the coaches and Helu know that no amount of rest is going to make it better and if he is able to fight through the pain of 5-7 plays per game that the possibility of him breaking one is worth the risk of him coughing it up. I would suspect Helu will still be rehabing by the time spring ball comes, hopefully he will be 100% by next year.

I think the reason we see him 5-10 snaps a game is because both Wats and Bo knows that he's the spark. They keep talking about and looking for a spark, but I think they both know that he's the spark. Even against VT when Lee was struggling big time our spark came in and nearly saved the offense.

I agree that he's a spark for this offense but not when he is unhealthy, even in the carries he's gotten he hasn't looked that good. It usually took him a quarter to get going and he can't do that because by that time he's done for the game! It seems to me like he could truly be 100% with a week or two off (could be wrong), which is why he should have been sitting for baylor/ia st