Huskers v. Sooners

Hey sooner keith, welcome to the board! I agree, I live in Denver also and the way they defend this "rivalry" is laughable... I've always personally enjoyed the love/hate relationship with Oklahoma and wish you guys the best...college football is better when ok and ne are competitive...nd can still suck it! Btw, if you're in Denver you should come to caldonia's on Parker...it's a husker watch site but good fans and very hot, barely clothed waitresses...good stuff!

Yeah, I live in Colorado as well. All of the Colorado fans think that it is a real rivalry, and no matter how much I tell them they don't listen. Though I do love it when we absolutely destroy them, because that gives me a whole year to live it up and not worry about them harassing me all of the time saying that Nebraska sucks, because then I just turn around and ask them the score of the last game and they have no reply.

Yeah, I live in Colorado as well. All of the Colorado fans think that it is a real rivalry, and no matter how much I tell them they don't listen. Though I do love it when we absolutely destroy them, because that gives me a whole year to live it up and not worry about them harassing me all of the time saying that Nebraska sucks, because then I just turn around and ask them the score of the last game and they have no reply.

I was just going to reply with something very similar haha. I lived in Colorado my whole life until I left for UNL 2 years ago when all my other friends left for CU. All my friends back home try to justify the rivalry, and even talk about how good the CU fan base is. Just makes me chuckle on the inside. :ahhhhhhhh

I'm 38 and I can remember sitting down with left over turkey sandwiches, all kinds of junk food and watching Nebraska vs Oklahoma on the day after Thanksgiving. In all honesty, it was a sad day when The Big 8 became the Big Twelve. I wish for days when the crowd was so loud you couldn't hear the announcers, when you'd see oranges hit the field, and even the dreaded "Sooner Magic". Those were the days.

Welcome to the board!

I've been a Husker fan for 34 years and I can tell you that I have lived and died a million times watching the battle of the Big Reds.

So many memories...

Johnny Rodgers punt return in 1971.

Ruud's bone-crusing hit on punt returner Kelly Phelps that was not ruled a fumble or Jim Pillen's recovery of Billy Sim's fumble in Tom Osborne's first win over OU in 1978.

"Sooner Magic" struck when TE Keith Jackson made a one-handed grab to set up the win in 1986.

Patrick Collin's 65-yard streak down the sideline in "Game of the Century II" in 1987. I hated hearing Mushberger call that one.

Stuntz to Crouch in 2001.

It was such a great rivalry. Then, came the Big XII.