Watson Hiding the Playbook?

GI56

This might have been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything with a search.

Does anyone else think that the playbook last week was dumbed down not just because Cody Green was a freshman starter, but instead to hide the true playbook from Oklahoma?

Something about the simplistic play calling in the Baylor game didn't feel right. Thinking back to when Green entered the Texas Tech game, I seem to remember him getting a chance to run more of the playbook (granted at the time there was basically nothing to lose).

If Watson wanted to work with Green for two weeks on getting down plays important to his gameplan against the Sooners, couldn't he have just used the week before the Baylor game to prepare for the Sooners and just used a vanilla playbook against Baylor, knowing that the game would be a win, albeit an ugly one?

This might have been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find anything with a search.

Does anyone else think that the playbook last week was dumbed down not just because Cody Green was a freshman starter, but instead to hide the true playbook from Oklahoma?

Something about the simplistic play calling in the Baylor game didn't feel right. Thinking back to when Green entered the Texas Tech game, I seem to remember him getting a chance to run more of the playbook (granted at the time there was basically nothing to lose).

If Watson wanted to work with Green for two weeks on getting down plays important to his gameplan against the Sooners, couldn't he have just used the week before the Baylor game to prepare for the Sooners and just used a vanilla playbook against Baylor, knowing that the game would be a win, albeit an ugly one?

Let's check

Bubble screen? check

5 yard out? check

Run option? Check

Run up the middle? check

One pass play down field? Check

Nope seems to be all there ;)

What he seemed to pair down for Green compared to Lee is one less two yard down field play.

All I hope is we play to Green's strenghths. Less than three hours....

Amen brother! I can't wait, getting amped up now!

Cody dawg needs to call his own number often and just run it 25-30 times tonight. It'll move the chains and open up the middle for McNeil or Gilly getting wide open.

Plus if he runs it enough, eventually some of those 3 yard runs or scrambles will turn into 15-30!

Getting amped up too!

All I hope is we play to Green's strenghths. Less than three hours....

Amen brother! I can't wait, getting amped up now!

Cody dawg needs to call his own number often and just run it 25-30 times tonight. It'll move the chains and open up the middle for McNeil or Gilly getting wide open.

Plus if he runs it enough, eventually some of those 3 yard runs or scrambles will turn into 15-30!

Getting amped up too!

Gilley will be covered up on the sideline, doubt he gets many snaps tonight.