the fumbled option pitch

while I am asking this type of question..... did the ball slip out f the QB's hands on the last pass? that was the worst pass I have ever seen. it was 15 yards from any OU relievers rout AND it was in the air about 5 seconds too long. ohanlon could have called a fair catch on it.

That really was an odd play. Not sure why Jones threw it way down like that. Not too mention, he put a lot of air under the ball. I thought he was punting it there for a second it had so much hang-time. Following the pick, the camera panned over to Huepel who was just short of chewing Jones out for that play. OU had plenty of time to throw the ball down the field to the sideline but for whatever reason, Jones threw the hail-mary and it failed.

And ditto what you said about OU's D. Their D is very good and very fast.

what happened there? my wife walked in front of the tv.... should roy have been abe to handle it? I hear the announcers say he took his eye of it getting ready to make a move..... but they also said we were going to the victory formation on or last punt.......

Helu should have caught it, definitely. But Lee shouldn't have pitched it either, QB should have ate that one.

I thought he pitched it a little high, but Helu should of handled it.
That was 100% on Roy. A little high but right in his hands. If your rb's can't catch that pitch then don't run any pitches.

People are just looking for weak reasons to blame Lee for stuff now.

If it were Dan Alexander or Buckhalter back there they wouldn't have caught that either. It was up toward his face-mask. I'll say the blame is shared equally between the two of them. It's not all on Helu. But why run option with Lee anyway? He's not a threat to run it. Why not just run a quick pitch if you want to run it wide?

Were beanman and I the only two watching the game? The pitch hit Roy in the face-mask. Not too many backs are going to be able to handle that one. Could he have? Possibly. Was it 50/50 for blame? Absolutely not, Lee gets the brunt of the blame for the poor decision and even worse execution.

If it were 50/50 blame wouldn't Bo spend an equal amount of time yelling at both of them?

1. i hate when qb's pitch the ball when they know the rb is going to take a loss also. this just makes the option that much more risky for the same amount of loss.

2. not a great pitch but helu should have hung on to the ball. it is a very low percentage of the time that an option pitch is absolutely perfect. helu should get the blame for not holding onto the ball.

3. everybody wants to blame lee but green wouldn't have won that game. when he came in as the starter i cringed. green will be great at nebraska but lee has much more experience (this year and j.c.) and while he holds onto the ball on passing plays way too long and is incredibly indecisive, all we needed in this game was a game manager. green makes bad passing decisions (he is a freshman) and there is no doubt he would have thrown some picks. did you see landry's overthrows? that is what green does.

Bo needs to chill the f*** out with screaming at players like that. You would never see a coach like Stoops or Brown yelling at a player on the sidelines like that. In the locker room, thats fine, but on national TV? :wtf

Especially since a lot of recruits were watching that game, that looks really bad.

Yes happened later in the game after one of his players got a personal foul! I have no problem with Bo yelling when he is right! Makes the kids accountable. If someone is afraid to get yelled at then I doubt they are going to be any good on the football field. I don't want them go somewhere else.

Bo needs to chill the f*** out with screaming at players like that. You would never see a coach like Stoops or Brown yelling at a player on the sidelines like that. In the locker room, thats fine, but on national TV? :wtf

Especially since a lot of recruits were watching that game, that looks really bad.

Yes happened later in the game after one of his players got a personal foul! I have no problem with Bo yelling when he is right! Makes the kids accountable. If someone is afraid to get yelled at then I doubt they are going to be any good on the football field. I don't want them go somewhere else.

Yeah there were epic ass chewings going on both sides from what I saw.

Agreed. The caliber of person that needs to be handled, for psychological reasons, like a fragile little child has no place on the football field.

Or in any competition, for that matter.

Agreed. The caliber of person that needs to be handled, for psychological reasons, like a fragile little child has no place on the football field.

Or in any competition, for that matter.

Depends..on the individual.

I forget who the commentators were, but they kept applauding / showing Heupel? trying to calm The OU QB down and not let him lose confidence in himself...And he did keep throwing and attacking with authority..A more conservative approach against our Defense that night would've been even more futile (They couldn't run on us)..He did have more passes picked off but his passes weren't that far off (except the last one)...Maybe I'm just conditioned to seeing how far off our passes sometimes are ? :dunno

I still prefer Osborne's method of not letting your emotions get the best of you..and go directly to finding a solution to your problem and instilling confidence.

Scolding is a waste of time.

QBs job on a option is to attack the DE. If the DE is free, you pitch just when he commits 100%. If the DE is blocked or kicked out, the QB should turn up field.

This situation, the pitch was the right read. Helu should have held on to the Ball.

The play was well defended and poorly blocked.

I can't believe how bad the Lee bashing has become. We all know they don't have a Great QB on the roster this year. But the QBs don't have Great players around them either.

Every poor Offense has one thing in common. A weak O-Line and Fans ripping the QB.

Fix the O-Line and Both Lee and Green will look 100% better.

I do recall a video with Tom Osborne going off on Buckhalter on the side lines in a Husker video. It wasn't laced with profanities, but Osborne was certainly pretty animated.