the fumbled option pitch

Bo needs to chill the f*** out with screaming at players like that. You would never see a coach like Stoops or Brown yelling at a player on the sidelines like that. In the locker room, thats fine, but on national TV? :wtf

Especially since a lot of recruits were watching that game, that looks really bad.

Bob stoops wears a visor. Who cares what he does? MAck Brown doesn't coach on gamedays. He is merely a figure head... Kind of like the Queen of England. Ergo, Mack Brown is a Queen. :LOLtartar

I haven't seen a replay, but from what I saw the first time around, Helu got both hands on the pitch, but it wasn't perfect. I think it was up towards his right side, a little high. He should have made the play, but yes it's true, I think Lee could have made a better pitch (again, all from memory). In cases like that, though, I will always say most of the blame falls on the receiver if they get two hands on it.

Lee passed, I mean pitched, behind and high?????nooooooooooo

that was a poor decision to pitch and it should have been lower. loved how 4 OU guys were fighting over the ball like there was an NU player in there.

Bo needs to chill the f*** out with screaming at players like that. You would never see a coach like Stoops or Brown yelling at a player on the sidelines like that. In the locker room, thats fine, but on national TV? :wtf

Especially since a lot of recruits were watching that game, that looks really bad.

Are QB got yelled at theirs got a pat on the head. Who's won?

GBR!!!

Jones got ripped by Stoops on the sideline last night. I've seen Stoops chew out several players over the years. You should watch more football.

I hope your post was in jest? DId you miss Stoops blowing his offensive linemen in the ass after he got a penalty? It was very comparable to what Bo does. Stoops and BO are very emotional guys and they coach that way so it will happen from time to time. Kids can take an ass chewin when they have it coming.

On the option, Zac and Roys seperation is vitale important on an option. They were too close to one another and Zac pitched the ball fairly hard. That is a play as mentioned in earlier posts that takes practice and rythym.

Great win for the TEAM! :hellloooo

Jones got ripped by Stoops on the sideline last night. I've seen Stoops chew out several players over the years. You should watch more football.

correct

It was a horrible pitch. It was a horrible playcall. Anytime we have Zac Lee run zone read or sprint option is a bad decision, no matter who we're playing.

Cody Green? Sure. However, Shawn Watson doesn't understand how to really implement the option into our offense, and it's really not going to work this year, anyway.

If we're going to get any significant yardage with the option, we HAVE TO INVOLVE THE FULLBACK. We have to keep those linebackers from sprinting to the edge and preventing the numeric advantage required for a successful option play.

:yeah I said that every single time we ran that crap with Lee. My wife was getting annoyed.

That was 100% on Roy. A little high but right in his hands. If your rb's can't catch that pitch then don't run any pitches.

People are just looking for weak reasons to blame Lee for stuff now.

If it were Dan Alexander or Buckhalter back there they wouldn't have caught that either. It was up toward his face-mask. I'll say the blame is shared equally between the two of them. It's not all on Helu. But why run option with Lee anyway? He's not a threat to run it. Why not just run a quick pitch if you want to run it wide?

That was 100% on Roy. A little high but right in his hands. If your rb's can't catch that pitch then don't run any pitches.

People are just looking for weak reasons to blame Lee for stuff now.

If it were Dan Alexander or Buckhalter back there they wouldn't have caught that either. It was up toward his face-mask. I'll say the blame is shared equally between the two of them. It's not all on Helu. But why run option with Lee anyway? He's not a threat to run it. Why not just run a quick pitch if you want to run it wide?

lee is not a bad runner at QB. lets not forget that was OU on the other side. that is a very good and very fast defense.

I saw both Cody Green and Zac Lee atleast pitch the ball too early to halfback a few times in this game. atleast one time where Cody Green took a few steps backwards and then pitched the ball.

They need to work on that timing thing if they are gonna run the option like that.

That being said, i did like how they ran the ball against OU.