Officiating

Ringer02

I did not understand the call where the return guy was thought to have stepped out of bounds, then they run a play, then go back and review it, then they allow OU to replay 1st down and put the clock back to :41?

maybe I was drinking too much beer?

Yeah... That was odd. I was at the game and they didn't go into detail about it. All they really said was they reviewed the return ATER another play had been ran. I wondered if the officials in the booth couldn't get word to the field crew due to the noise... While I am happy we were making life hard for everyone, in regards to the noise, it is not our fault the ref lost control/contact with the rest of his crew ... IMHO the call, and subsequent play should of stood...

We won the game....that is all that matters! I think it is funny how even when we win a game people still think the refs screwed us. Every team gets screwed by the refs at some point during the game.

I think the reason they did not throw the intentional grounding was b/c it looked like Murray was running a screen. About the kick return, it had to have been so loud that the whistles were not heard...I do think the ref needs to have more authority when blowing the whistle or at least wave your arms around so people can see it.

And yes, Crick was being mugged the entire game. It was obvious on a few plays and half of his body was being prevented to get to the QB.

Like I said, we won and I will take the W over OU anytime!!!!!

I did not understand the call where the return guy was thought to have stepped out of bounds, then they run a play, then go back and review it, then they allow OU to replay 1st down and put the clock back to :41?

Yeah... That was odd. I was at the game and they didn't go into detail about it. All they really said was they reviewed the return ATER another play had been ran. I wondered if the officials in the booth couldn't get word to the field crew due to the noise... While I am happy we were making life hard for everyone, in regards to the noise, it is not our fault the ref lost control/contact with the rest of his crew ... IMHO the call, and subsequent play should of stood...

The refs claim they were being paged prior to the first play following that punt return but had difficulties with the paging system or stupid crap like that.

Whatever the case, the Big 12 refs sucked this year. I hope the NCAA and Big 12 take a long hard look at the officiating throughout college football. Maybe put the officials thru a "Common Sense 101" class or something because some of the crap they've called is absurd!

Supposedly one of the officials was running in blowing his whistle to stop the 1st down play for the review. It was late and the crowd was loud.

The PI moved to holding was the right call.

I'm always baffled by grounding calls. They seem to be judgment calls and very inconsistent.

The refs weren't that bad. Compared to previous weeks. They had no real effect on the outcome of the game.

Supposedly one of the officials was running in blowing his whistle to stop the 1st down play for the review. It was late and the crowd was loud.

I'm always baffled by grounding calls. They seem to be judgment calls and very inconsistent.

The refs weren't that bad. Compared to previous weeks. They had no real effect on the outcome of the game.

Everyone thinks they get screwed. I am sure the OU boards are on fire with ref posts. When we get mad at some call, just think of the Florida/Arkansas game, that game was a true tragedy....

One of the refs was running in, and blowing the whistle before the play, it was just too loud.

One of the refs was running in, and blowing the whistle before the play, it was just too loud.

I stand corrected.... Thanks :thumbs

be glad they didn't call amukamara for grabbing that kid's jersey and using it to slingshot around him and make that pick. that one would have affected the game vastly

We had some calls go our way though...one in particular was when allen knocked off the helmet of the OU lineman when he batted down that first pass...

Officiating in general has been bad this season, across college football

Another call that went our way was the interception that helped us get the touchdown. If you look at the play prince pulled the receiver down to jump the pass. He was closer to the sideline pulled his left shoulder to get leverage to jump the ball to the inside. I was just waiting for the flag but they let it slide.