Officiating

Ringer02

Ok so I don't like to blame the refs or call them out often but there was one play that I'm still really confused about. Landry Jones pitch into the ground. Why was this not a fumble, or at the least intentional grounding? That could have been a huge play for us had we come up with the ball. :dunno

Ok so I don't like to blame the refs or call them out often but there was one play that I'm still really confused about. Landry Jones pitch into the ground. Why was this not a fumble, or at the least intentional grounding? That could have been a huge play for us had we come up with the ball. :dunno

1) The ball traveled forward, so regardless of how the ball went forward, it is an incomplete pass

2) There was an OU receiver in the general vicinity. I think it was Murray.

At first, I thought it was intentional grounding also, but the replay's proved otherwise.

That and the holding call in the third(?) seemed like they pulled the flag for pass interference, then had to make it something, so called holding... Also for those who watched on TV the punt return then a play, then they reviewed the kick off... Was it just to loud to hear the play stopped... Seemed very odd....

I was there and we had no idea they were reviewing the kickoff, we thought it was over the incomplete pass play. but there was also another holding call in the 4th where the ball was clearly uncatchable, that one got me riled up a bit too

That and the holding call in the third(?) seemed like they pulled the flag for pass interference, then had to make it something, so called holding... Also for those who watched on TV the punt return then a play, then they reviewed the kick off... Was it just to loud to hear the play stopped... Seemed very odd....

I was there and we had no idea they were reviewing the kickoff, we thought it was over the incomplete pass play. but there was also another holding call in the 4th where the ball was clearly uncatchable, that one got me riled up a bit too

Holding is holding on D, catchability has no impact on the penalty unfortunately.

Holding is holding on D, catchability has no impact on the penalty unfortunately.

That was the call I was pissed about. Not the call itself but the way the refs changed the ruling from pi to holding

I think the thing that bugs people is that we got flagged for grounding against Tech but when opposing qb's ditch the ball it seems they get every benefit of the doubt. Of course the refs dicked us left and right against Tech.

Personally, I think it should be grounding because there was obviously zero intent to complete the pass. Dude threw it straight down into the dirt and and way the hell out of bounds while not even looking at the alleged receiver that happened to be somewhat in the vicinity. But in this day and age of handing the O everything I expect them to get every benefit of the doubt on grounding.

What pissed me off was our d-line repeatedly getting mugged and nothing being called.

That was the call I was pissed about. Not the call itself but the way the refs changed the ruling from pi to holding

I hated it..But that was probably the best call they had all night.

The defensive holding was pretty obvious on replay..another ref thought he saw interference on another? NU player that would've been overturned due to catchability.

The Defensive holding could've prevented the receiver from being in position to catch the ball (out of bounds?).

1) The ball traveled forward, so regardless of how the ball went forward, it is an incomplete pass

2) There was an OU receiver in the general vicinity. I think it was Murray.

At first, I thought it was intentional grounding also, but the replay's proved otherwise.

The penalty is intended to prevent qbs from pulling that exact b.s. The "throw" was not directed at a receiver making it intentional grounding. That call really pissed me off

I didn't feel like the refs really had a terribly large impact on this game- at least not as much as so many of our other games this year. The only thing I will say is I have no idea how OU got out of that game without a holding penalty. At least I don't remember one, and I remember many times seeing Crick especially being blatantly held, that LG would just bear hug him the whole game.