GET SOME!

THAT was quite a game. I just kept WAITING for OU to come alive and every time they DID, our defense just kept slapping them right back to the grave. Time after time after time after....TIME! I was so absolutely impressed with our D! I thought our O-line play calling was really good, it looked like there were adjustments being made on the fly, and those kids NEVER EVER gave up! Yes, it would have been even more rewarding if they could have had 2 more touches at games end, but my GOD to just keep GRINDING along! How much heart does that take on that O-side of that ball???? Man, I thought they REALLY showed some integrity as an offensive unit. I'm giving that team and those coaches a TOTAL A+ for that game. A game they were supposed to get BLOW OUT at and they pull off a win. CONGRATS you CORNHUSKIN' WINNERS!!!!! Way to play above your heads and to PLAY OUT! Green did his thing, Lee did his thing... ENTERTAINMENT at it's goddang finest!!!! THANK YOU !!!

GO BIG RED!

Gee, that was kind of rude. By 1999 I had already been under fire... and you? Yeah, let the internet rough and tough out now, un-cage your beast... *yawn* Sorry I interrupted your morning.

It was a joke dude. RELAX.

If it makes you feel any better, I wear a mullet, and Knapplc still rocks the Bel Biv Devoe overalls.

THAT was quite a game. I just kept WAITING for OU to come alive and every time they DID, our defense just kept slapping them right back to the grave. Time after time after time after....TIME! I was so absolutely impressed with our D! I thought our O-line play calling was really good, it looked like there were adjustments being made on the fly, and those kids NEVER EVER gave up! Yes, it would have been even more rewarding if they could have had 2 more touches at games end, but my GOD to just keep GRINDING along! How much heart does that take on that O-side of that ball???? Man, I thought they REALLY showed some integrity as an offensive unit. I'm giving that team and those coaches a TOTAL A+ for that game. A game they were supposed to get BLOW OUT at and they pull off a win. CONGRATS you CORNHUSKIN' WINNERS!!!!! Way to play above your heads and to PLAY OUT! Green did his thing, Lee did his thing... ENTERTAINMENT at it's goddang finest!!!! THANK YOU !!!

GO BIG RED!

We sure needed that win, didn't we? :w00t It was a great game. A defensive beauty - the kind of defense that reminds me of another era. Nice post and GO BIG RED :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

Gee, that was kind of rude. By 1999 I had already been under fire... and you? Yeah, let the internet rough and tough out now, un-cage your beast... *yawn* Sorry I interrupted your morning.

If it makes you feel any better, I wear a mullet, and Knapplc still rocks the Bel Biv Devoe overalls.

You're right... I apologize... All references that I'm actually too old to really 'get', so I'm smiling on the outside going, "Who the hail is Bel Biv Devoe...?" DEVO? Now, THAT I remember...

I think my testosterone levels are totally out of synch after that win over OU... Some of it may have dribbled out on-line. In fact, I woke up around midnight on Saturday night post-game lying outside a game farm with a half eaten Gazelle clamped between my thighs, smelling of burnt rubber and pond water. I haven't seen my wife in 3 days, all of my employees are avoiding eye contact and the office manager is now using the water cooler down the hall... a lot...

Seriously, I'm sorry. I enjoy this forum... GO BIG RED!

We sure needed that win, didn't we? :w00t It was a great game. A defensive beauty - the kind of defense that reminds me of another era. Nice post and GO BIG RED :koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2::koolaid2:

Yeah, that was a GREAT bit of fun to watch! I even saw my much desired 'option' tossed in there dangerously, complete with it's most scariest outcomes! Man, I love 'husker football. Thanks, GO BIG FRIGGIN' RED!

This game was just the reverse of the Iowa state game just look at the stats we had no reason to win this game except turnovers. All I have to say is WTF happened to our receivers you cant tell me that they couldnt get open? Dont get me wrong a win is a win but unless our D keeps getting turn overs down to the 2 for us we are not going to be scoring anymore touchdowns this year.

GBR!!!!

OU NU

1st Downs 23 7

3rd down efficiency 5-18 1-14

4th down efficiency 0-3 0-0

Total Yards 325 180

Passing 245 39

Comp-Att 26-58 7-14

Yards per pass 4.2 2.8

Rushing 80 141

Rushing Attempts 29 43

Yards per rush 2.8 3.3

Penalties 9-64 11-104

Turnovers 5 1

Fumbles lost 0 1

Interceptions thrown 5 0

Possession 28:18 31:42

This game was a lot like the Iowa State game except we were 180 degrees off. OU lost this game more than we won it just like we lost the Iowa State game more than they won it. A lot of people will claim that our defense caused all of those turnovers, etc. However, how can you make that argument and then claim that Iowa State didn't cause the turnovers against Nebraska? It was a great win just like beating us was a great win for Iowa State. The Big 12 is a mess this year. Now that Helu appears to be healthy, we should be able to take care of the rest of the schedule until the Big 12 Championship game.

And Kid's hair from Kid n Play. ;)

This game was a lot like the Iowa State game except we were 180 degrees off. OU lost this game more than we won it just like we lost the Iowa State game more than they won it. A lot of people will claim that our defense caused all of those turnovers, etc. However, how can you make that argument and then claim that Iowa State didn't cause the turnovers against Nebraska? It was a great win just like beating us was a great win for Iowa State. The Big 12 is a mess this year. Now that Helu appears to be healthy, we should be able to take care of the rest of the schedule until the Big 12 Championship game.

As I said in another thread, I don't think OU even moved the ball inside the NU 20 yard line. That's the big difference between this game and the ISU game.

Also, there were no turf gremlins jumping out and causing fumbles on sure touchdowns. NU earned this one.

If that's what happened, yes of course you can. ISU caused turnovers, but EIGHT? Come on. They had help there. You can't say they caused every turnover. Helu's second fumble, Lee's pic (the last one), Paul's fumble... off the top of my head that's three you have to give to NU, not ISU.

And yeah, we went out and got most of the turnovers against OU. A couple of those INTs were just pitiful throws by Jones, but Amukamara's was all on Amukamara, and there was at least one other that we went out and got. And with the pressure we were putting on Jones, it's safe to say we had an effect on his bad throws (although it's probably safer to say that he just isn't that good).

So it depends. Kinda sorta you can say we caused them, or at least the majority of them, but a lot of it boils down to your perspective.