Don't Tell This Guy To "Sit Down"

Ebyl they are simply contradicting themselves because they are losing the argument.

they know that it makes no sense that only the person sitting can have the game ruined for them. Fact is that I can have the game ruined for me if some old or young guy is bitching about people sitting down.

i dont go to a football game to sit the whole game. there is a time to sit and there is a time to stand. it is a damn football game.

i think this is the point that everyone is missing.

It's the point that a very select few here are missing, not to mention then assuming that anyone who feels this way simply feels everyone should stand the whole game and be rude to others at all times.

I'm sorry, is there anyone in here that is actually advocating standing the entire game if you're not in the student section? If there are, I've missed it.

Yeah, I am now. I suggested the same thing you did in a similar thread a few weeks ago. I went one step further in saying that the benches should even be removed in however many sections people wanted "standing seats" so there'd be more room. (I believe that this would expose some dangerous cemented in place posts that drunks and high fiving fans would impale or knock themselves out on, so probably impractical.)

I have to clear out the living room to watch at home, as I'm not only standing but throwing the football (regulation weight and size no less, and as the Beav says, "regulation air too.") into couch pillows and occasionally fragile stuff, while I watch. Not everyone's motor runs at the same rpm, but all 80 some-odd thousand are expected to comport themselves in the same way. Not gonna happen, and events such as last Saturday's will take place. The real culprit was the alcohol though. I never understood when I'd see people so drunk they had to be removed, sometimes before kickoff. Really care about seeing the game, huh?

There are a few reasons why I stopped going to Huskers games. They are:

1. Being tall my legs are so long they are either in the back of the person in front of me or, because I would spread my legs, my legs would encroach on the area belonging to the people sitting on either side of me.

2. When I stood, watched the game, and cheered I constantly heard "down in front"

These reasons ruined the atmosphere for me, so I thought instead of being uncomfortable at the games, I would stay home where I was comfortable and can do whatever I please without hearing complaining.

Instead of going to games at home I prefer going to road games because us fans are allowed to stand without hearing complaints - making the game and time more enjoyable.

Having room to watch the game is fun.

I gotta tell you, I care enough about my fellow man that if it meant everyone could see every play, I'd sit down the whole game. I don't because people in front of me stand, and of course there are times (sometimes MANY times) when I just surge to my feet like everyone else... who is able to.

Gotta tell you, though... it's tough hearing people diss our elders. Do you guys have your grandparents still? I don't. I'm 39, and I was the youngest grandchild in one family and third youngest in the other. I lost all four of my grandparents in the 1990s. I miss them.

I see old people every day. I think about being their age. I'm closer to 50 than 20 these days. I'm not even close to old... but I think I can see it from here.

I hear what you're saying, Xtuthdr and skers. I see it, even though it's a ways off, I see it.

Now I am not a "blue Hair" but am an older Husker fan...I drove from Oklahoma to watch the Huskers beat the Sooners. Last year I was in Norman and watched us get an old fashion, keep poring it on, uncalled for, WHOOPIN. I took crap from these sorry Gooner fans down here for the last year. I went to Lincoln EXPECTING ANY KIND OF A WIN!!!! And we got it...sit down????No way!!!! I first of all walked the campus and Husker Pavillion and visited with every Husker fan that would talk with me. I did that for 2 solid hours. I text all my friends back here, it was like the first day in Heaven being in GOD's Country with GOD's People...Then I walked thru the Pearlie Gates...Memorial Stadium.It was Heaven to me. I had not been back here for 20 years. I found my seat in the North end zone after walking all around the stadium, shaking everyones hand that I could. Husker fans are by far an away the best and friendliest in the country. I remember seeing 75 minutes on the clock until kick off...and I savored every minute of that time. As the crowd filled in around me I shook everyones hand and proudly showed them all my "Oklahoma Cornhusker Club" card. I wanted everyone to know that I was here and I wanted to be here and I wanted to enjoy all of their company...I was one of you all!!! And they all made me feel at home and part of the "family". Did i SIT DOWN????No way. Was I about too??? Only when my legs got tired and they hardly did...I came to be a part of the atmosphere a part of the family. Was it special??? yes it was. Did I block others view? Sorry if I did. I did not come all that way to miss one ioda of the pre game or the game....Oh, a little grandmother STOOD next to me and pulled me up once to make sure I didn't miss a thing. And she high fived me and I loved every minute of it all. Thanks...

One thing that would help would be to put the students in the lowest seats all the way around the stadium, similar to the basketball set up (at least the way it was when I was there). Of course, the crotchety old farts in the west stadium would have to put up with sharing aisles, concession stands and bathrooms with students. Imagine the vile aromatic cocktail of piss, vitamins and vomit all in one restroom!

1. Being tall my legs are so long they are either in the back of the person in front of me or, because I would spread my legs, my legs would encroach on the area belonging to the people sitting on either side of me.

2. When I stood, watched the game, and cheered I constantly heard "down in front"

3. I got that incredible offer to sell amazing products during infomercials.

These reasons ruined the atmosphere for me, so I thought instead of being uncomfortable at the games, I would stay home where I was comfortable and can do whatever I please without hearing complaining.

Instead of going to games at home I prefer going to road games because us fans are allowed to stand without hearing complaints - making the game and time more enjoyable.

Fixed.

3. I got that incredible offer to sell amazing products during infomercials.

Fixed.

LOL - very nice.

:laughpound

GOOD!!!!!!!!! The guy deserved to get punched in the damn mouth! If he wants to sit down on his ass then watch the damn game at home.

I guess they should just take all the seats out of the stadium with your great logic.

haha, i know. Make everyone stand for 2-3 hours? that will go over real well.