Pitt Game

well sker fan...my previous reply may not be worthy of a response but lets take a look at last years stats since that is all we have to go off.

Palko threw more pics than Dailey at 3 vs. 1

Also you are right about the muddy field, causing Cory Ross and commitee to only run for a combined 123 yards rushing, two tone field turf should remedy that!

I do not advocate dismissing Pitt entirely as they will be our best non-conf game this year but I just dont think cause they had a BCS bowl due to their "weak" conf makes them a program. Yes, Pitt is improving each year but they have big question marks too. New coach favors running before passing and if he forces that on them like Cally did Corn Coast than Pitt will be in a pickle. So I apologize if I offended you :cheers

I expect Palko to be alil rusty at the beginning of the season... this is the game where he might start to play to his potential. He was terrible the first five games of the season last year and he has a whole new playbook... he isnt the smartest guy either. Playing at Nebraska will change the whole game as well... pitt won at notre dame last year. but that was one of their last games of the season wen everything was clicking. Their defensive line could get mauled too. They are not strong on either line. Watch out for Josh Lay... he is very undderrated at corner... he made some crazy plays at the pitt games i attended. HB Blades knows where the ball is at but he is slower than advertised. Stop the running game and Nebraska will beat them. Eventhough they have a great threat at wr they will not go to him consistently during a drive like they did when walt harris was with the panthers... wannesdadt is a better coach for them though... they might toughen up...

Huskers win in a tight one... 24-21... ohhh ya and did i also mention... Josh Cummings has trouble on the road... last second miss! GO BIG RED!

My comments were, they will be favored. I still think they will. Most likely they will be rated in the top 15-20. I stated they were running a new offense and could be in the same situation as we were last year. I did not say we would lose the game. I said they would be favored if we struggled with Wake Forest. They played and defeated two top 25 teams last year one was Boston College who lost to Wake Forest. These smaller teams seem to play up a notch when in this situation. I still say we do not have cup cakes to play. Both will give us a very good game and will not be intimidated by our stadium. Until we are back winning regularly home field advantage is only in our minds.

As stated before, I think we win both games. But if we do not roll these two teams do not be disappointed in the program. They will come to play, I think Wake Forest will be a tougher game due to their history of playing very well against better competition. Pittsburgh will have offensive problems. But until we play a real game, we are just going off of hopes, not facts. Our offense could struggle as well. Early in the year for both. Who ever accomplished the most in fall practice will win this game. I think BC will have all ready to play but I do not expect a blow out in either game. I hope I am wrong and all can say I told you so.!!!!!!!