Looking Past Everything !

RedGixxer

Everybody seems to be worried about what damn bowl game the Huskers are going to. After the Kansas game on the radio all the people calling into the show were worried about was Texas and how we will play against them and what the pointspread will be and all that crap. That and what stupid bowl game are the huskers going to after we beat Texas. Don't these people know we gotta play K-State and Colorado? Like those 2 games mean nothing. Like the huskers will destroy them both. Don't they know Bill Snyder is one hell of a coach who gives Nebraska fits every time we play them? Don't they know playing Colorado out there is never easy? Hell there could be 10 feet on snow out there by the time the huskers play them. Don't they know it make make their season if they knocked off the huskers? Don't be surprised if the huskers lose BOTH games and play in some nothing bowl. At least you won't have to worry about Texas smoking them if that happens !!!

Everybody seems to be worried about what damn bowl game the Huskers are going to. After the Kansas game on the radio all the people calling into the show were worried about was Texas and how we will play against them and what the pointspread will be and all that crap. That and what stupid bowl game are the huskers going to after we beat Texas. Don't these people know we gotta play K-State and Colorado? Like those 2 games mean nothing. Like the huskers will destroy them both. Don't they know Bill Snyder is one hell of a coach who gives Nebraska fits every time we play them? Don't they know playing Colorado out there is never easy? Hell there could be 10 feet on snow out there by the time the huskers play them. Don't they know it make make their season if they knocked off the huskers? Don't be surprised if the huskers lose BOTH games and play in some nothing bowl. At least you won't have to worry about Texas smoking them if that happens !!!

Luckily for us . . . fans focusing on a future game rarely changes the outcome of the present game. ;)

Lighten up man. We aren't that important.

Luckily for us . . . fans focusing on a future game rarely changes the outcome of the present game. ;)

I forgot. Sorry. You're right.

Wrong! Do you think the players live in a vacuum? Did you not catch Leach's tirade after TT lost to TAMU? He knows people were telling his team how great they were and it bit them in the behind. Our players associate with other students, some read the papers. How many times can a guy hear about the upcoming Big 12 Championship game with Texas and not get a little feeling that it's a fait accompli?

It affected the players this year after the Mizzou win, and they showed flat and unprepared for Texas Tech. with that bein said, it's the coaches job to keep the players from listenin to that stuff. RELAX AND COOL OFF. It's our right as fans to speculate on the future all we want, it's what fans do. As far as Leach callin out fans and media cuz of their situation, LEACH IS A PIRATE SUCKING IDIOT. His teams are good but will never be championship quality with his idiotic going for it on 4th and 3 from my own 26 in a tie game in 4th qtr. attitude.

Wrong! Do you think the players live in a vacuum? Did you not catch Leach's tirade after TT lost to TAMU? He knows people were telling his team how great they were and it bit them in the behind. Our players associate with other students, some read the papers. How many times can a guy hear about the upcoming Big 12 Championship game with Texas and not get a little feeling that it's a fait accompli?

Because, unlike us, the players also live with someone like Pelini constantly reminding them how they didn't play well last week against KU. How the defense was below standards. The coaches aren't kissing their ass and telling them how great they are... in fact, it's quite the opposite.. and really, i've heard more talk about this weekend around campus than i have about texas... but even if UT is brought up to a player, they'll either say they aren't on the schedule, or how we gotta focus on and beat kstate... so basically, saying he's wrong for saying "fans rarely change the outcome of a present game" doesn't make any sense.. we don't play the game... the players do.

thought for sure i was gonna be giving a :facepalm: when seeing what gixxer posted... and well....

:facepalm:

Hey I for one am not taking KSU lightly. And while there are plenty of posters here that I'm sure are the over-confident bravado spewing "KSU sucks and we'll kick their ass"...I think it will be a game. Our offense showed a decent game plan last week...against a really bad defense. And KU's line was supposedly horrendous, and they held our front four at bay.

The main things I'm concerned about:

1) Banks: That guy could bust one open at any given moment. Granted if you hit him hard his head might fall off, but you have to catch him first.

2) Daniel Thomas: KU's big back (what the hell was his name???) seemed to have some success against us...and Daniel Thomas is just as big, and a heck of a better runner.

I'm not saying we're going to lose...I expect a good old fashioned battle to determine the North just like the good ol days. OK...not JUST like the good ol days, may be a little less flashy, a little less efficient and a little less on the national radar.

Hey I for one am not taking KSU lightly. And while there are plenty of posters here that I'm sure are the over-confident bravado spewing "KSU sucks and we'll kick their ass"...I think it will be a game. Our offense showed a decent game plan last week...against a really bad defense. And KU's line was supposedly horrendous, and they held our front four at bay.

1) Banks: That guy could bust one open at any given moment. Granted if you hit him hard his head might fall off, but you have to catch him first.

2) Daniel Thomas: KU's big back (what the hell was his name???) seemed to have some success against us...and Daniel Thomas is just as big, and a heck of a better runner.

I'm not saying we're going to lose...I expect a good old fashioned battle to determine the North just like the good ol days. OK...not JUST like the good ol days, may be a little less flashy, a little less efficient and a little less on the national radar. :yeah:yeah:yeah

Because, unlike us, the players also live with someone like Pelini constantly reminding them how they didn't play well last week against KU. How the defense was below standards. The coaches aren't kissing their ass and telling them how great they are... in fact, it's quite the opposite.. and really, i've heard more talk about this weekend around campus than i have about texas... but even if UT is brought up to a player, they'll either say they aren't on the schedule, or how we gotta focus on and beat kstate... so basically, saying he's wrong for saying "fans rarely change the outcome of a present game" doesn't make any sense.. we don't play the game... the players do.

thought for sure i was gonna be giving a :facepalm: when seeing what gixxer posted... and well....

Fans have a huge impact on the game. In our only loss this year I changed my facebook status to "the hurricanes do not belong on the same field as us," and we lost. I have not said anything bad about an opponent since and we have not lost. That right there is 100% proof that fans directly effect the outcome of games. I mean c'mon, who doesn't have superstitions like that? ..... ah what am I talking about fans really do not effect the game, but fellow students really do. For instance, if you ask Nesbitt or Dwyer or any of the players on GT, "hey man are we going to win?" they always respond with a, "I don't know it will be a tough game" regardless of the opponent because Paul Johnson instructs them to do so. I am sure that if students keep telling the team how they will roll it does effect them in some way or another.

Ok, breath in, breath out :) . Now that hopefully you are relaxed, I thought that was all the Coaches job. We are just fans and speculation is fun, none of us have to strap on a football uniform and play a single down. I am just happy that the Huskers are moving in the right direction (yes the O has struggled but thankfully it SEEMS that some of that might be getting corrected). Who would have thought two years ago we might have a legitimate shot at winning the Big 12 (after the OU game, no way am I conceding to Texas). The future appears to be bright for Husker football and I am just enjoying the ride.

I'm not saying we're going to lose...I expect a good old fashioned battle to determine the North just like the good ol days. OK...not JUST like the good ol days, may be a little less flashy, a little less efficient and a little less on the national radar.

You do make some good points, but I am encouraged, why, because stopping the run is a huge strength on our defense. It has been teams passing (TT, VT one freaking play) that really has burned us a couple of times. I don't think KSU is a push over, even after their huge loss to Mizzu (might actually make them more dangerous). I do feel that they are playing into the strength of our D and their backs may find it more difficult to shine against our front four.

The coaches? That's a joke! Which games this year do you think Pelini said, "We're way better than these clowns from so and so school. Take a week off boys." The weaker the opponent, the more he has to try and convince the team that they have to focus and play hard. Given that this week is for the North title, he will probably not say much about not letting down etc. He will probably save it for CU. Believe me, when all you hear is how you are going to beat the hell out of someone or how everyone is buying tickets for the Big 12 Championship, you can't help but start believing it will "just happen."

On another note, I'm glad it's a night game. The atmosphere can only help. The Huskers still need to prepare well though. You do play like you practice. Most of the time anyway.