"Burn the Boats"

Has somethin to do with the Revolutionary War. Washington's men were dropped off and they were so determined to win they burnt the boats. Basically if they didn't get the job done, they didn't want to return to where ever it was they came from.

I'm not sure I'm explaining this the right way.

Sounds like a variation on the exhortations of Spartan mothers to their sons: "Come back with your shields, or on them". In other words, victory or death in the attempt.

Has somethin to do with the Revolutionary War.  Washington's men were dropped off and they were so determined to win they burnt the boats.  Basically if they didn't get the job done, they didn't want to return to where ever it was they came from. 

I'm not sure I'm explaining this the right way.

Sounds like a variation on the exhortations of Spartan mothers to their sons: "Come back with your shields, or on them". In other words, victory or death in the attempt.

That sounds more like it. IMO, I think they could have done better.

Explanation:

Commitment to your goal will help you make it as much as any other factor. Commitment is best explained with the story of George Washington crossing the Delaware. The troops were cold, most with frostbite; rations were low; they hadn’t seen their families in a very long time; and they hadn’t been paid as promised. However, before crossing the Delaware to fight the British, George Washington met with them and gave them a very simple order. The order was to cross the river, and then burn the boats.

Can you imagine their surprise? Burn the boats? I’ll just bet that many of them thought that in the thick of the battle they might slip down to the shore and get back in one of those boats and go home to get warm and get food and see their families. But George was way ahead of them. He told them to burn the boats. He removed all avenues of retreat. He took control of the options. In fact, they were left with only two options: they could win or they could die. With those as your only options, you get real committed to winning.

That quote was from an article titled "Simple ways to success" on www.progressivedistributor.com.

I likes!!! What do ya think kstates will be?

Burn rapey mcrapersons court docket before we have no choice but to suspend him & yank his schollie after the fiesta bowl & our best season in history is in the bowl & rapies eligibility is expired....?

Think thatd fit on a tshirt??? Id buy it!! :lol: