Burkhead returns to practice

np_husker

Today's Omaha paper read that either Watson or Pelini was quoted as saying "he has a lot of ground to make-up" or something like that. Doubt if he sees the field this week.

If he does, what does that say about the rest of the rb's....are they just not very good. Robinson saw a few reps with Helu injured, but the rest of those guys didn't get a sniff. And if Burkhead comes back after missing 4-5 weeks and jumps them immediately........... do they not grasp the playbook or are they just not D-1 level.

Do not play Rex until he's 110%. Repeat or aggravated injuries drive me INSANE. Should NEVER happen if healed properly and were taken care of properly. Let the kid practice no doubt, get his marbles back, his confidence, everything. But DO NOT throw him in right as he's "cleared" to play. I'd say wait 'til the Bowl game. Sure our other RBs are doing that great of a job at all, but Helu's healthy (for now) and we SEEM to have a better game plan offensively (at least in the KU game) at this point for now. I'd rather let a TRUE FRESHMAN that will be a star heal COMPLETELY before putting him on the field in live action like that. He's got PLENTY of time.

Do not play Rex until he's 110%. Repeat or aggravated injuries drive me INSANE. Should NEVER happen if healed properly and were taken care of properly. Let the kid practice no doubt, get his marbles back, his confidence, everything. But DO NOT throw him in right as he's "cleared" to play. I'd say wait 'til the Bowl game. Sure our other RBs are doing that great of a job at all, but Helu's healthy (for now) and we SEEM to have a better game plan offensively (at least in the KU game) at this point for now. I'd rather let a TRUE FRESHMAN that will be a star heal COMPLETELY before putting him on the field in live action like that. He's got PLENTY of time.

:yeah:clap exactly!

when i saw burkhead play, he looked pretty special. if he plays, i do not think it is because everyone is so bad, i think it is because he is so good. i thought he looked better than Helu actually, at least he ran harder and found the holes better.

Looked better than Helu, get real! Optimism is cool, but come on...

when i saw burkhead play, he looked pretty special. if he plays, i do not think it is because everyone is so bad, i think it is because he is so good. i thought he looked better than Helu actually, at least he ran harder and found the holes better.

Looked better than Helu, get real! Optimism is cool, but come on...

i would also say that he looked like he has more raw talent than helu. he is not currently the better player, but he will be the better player soon.