Mangino should come here

RedGixxer

If we held everyone to these standards, half the coaches in college football, all divisions, would be fired. As would about 25% of everyone in a supervisory capacity in most factories. As would every single drill sergeant in the US Armed Forces.

I have yet to hear anything that "crosses the line" about Mangino.

have to disagree knap..

telling someone that he will send them to go get shot right after their brother was shot......that crosses the line.

You should hear what I hear every day at my job. I listen to people's issues at work. This kind of stuff is not unusual.

agreed that its common, but that really does not make it right. i dont care who it was that said that to me if i was in the same situation i would have broken his nose in a heartbeat.

If we held everyone to these standards, half the coaches in college football, all divisions, would be fired. As would about 25% of everyone in a supervisory capacity in most factories. As would every single drill sergeant in the US Armed Forces.

Great post. Like some of these people think BO has NEVER yelled at his players either in practice or a game. Or any other coach in the country for that matter. Mangino is a hell of a coach and it would be great if he were running the offense at Nebraska !!

Great post. Like some of these people think BO has NEVER yelled at his players either in practice or a game. Or any other coach in the country for that matter. Mangino is a hell of a coach and it would be great if he were running the offense at Nebraska !!

the difference is context, when you are winning you think the yelling is making you better, when you are losing, you need something to complain about. i don't think it's right, but he lost his players and now they are finding ways to turn on him and the ad probably will use any evidence to fire him. it is unfortunate, but it all comes down to winning and losing.

yelling at players is one thing.

making fun of them for their personal life is another.

I doubt that Bo attacked a player about his personal life like about someone in a players family getting shot or about a players alcoholic dad. The stuff in the espn article about this is way over the line. He is done at KU if you ask me.

Sounds like a real peach of a guy...runs off coaches, and trashes his players.

Former Kansas wide receiver Raymond Brown, a senior last season, said Mangino would often "say personal, hurtful, embarrassing things in front of people."

Brown cited two examples. He said that once, his younger brother had been shot in the arm in St. Louis. Then came a game.

"I dropped a pass and [Mangino] was mad," Brown said. "And I said, 'Yes, sir. Yes, sir.' The yelling didn't bother me. But then he said, 'Shut up!' He said, 'If you don't shut up, I'm going to send you back to St. Louis so you can get shot with your homies.' I was irate. I wanted to hurt him to be honest with you."

Brown said another teammate had confided in the team that his father was an alcoholic and the player dreamed of becoming a lawyer.

"One day, [Mangino] said in front of the entire team, 'Are you going to be a lawyer or do you want to become an alcoholic like your Dad?' " Brown said.

"He'd say things like, 'I'll send you back to the street corner where you came from,' " Herford said.

"He'd say, 'This is Kansas, you're not back home,' " Crawford said. "He'd say, 'You're not back with your homies. If you're not careful you'll be watching the game in the stands with your homies. You'll be back in that neighborhood.' "

Meh, I've heard worse. Sometimes it takes personal shots to get people motivated. I dont have issue with any of these comments.

Bet you would if it was someone in your family that got shot.

Don't want the fat man here. As for Watson, I like him as a person, but one can only wonder what our records would have been this year and last if he started last year by spreading the field and this year using tight ends and a fullback. How many NC trophies would NU have in the trophy case if we routinely waited until midseason to figure out what offense to use?

Heh, the same crew that dreamed up 10,000 excuses for Callahan is now doing the same for SW. The ironic thing is these same folks cheered on firing Frank & staff for a bowl winning 10 - 3 season.

Only at Nebraska.

Really?

Other than this year wats has been verry successful and last week showed signs that he may be able to salvage something out of this offense.

Heh, the same crew that dreamed up 10,000 excuses for Callahan is now doing the same for SW. The ironic thing is these same folks cheered on firing Frank & staff for a bowl winning 10 - 3 season.

Only at Nebraska.

Really?

Other than this year wats has been verry successful and last week showed signs that he may be able to salvage something out of this offense.

It took him until LAST WEEK to figure the offense out? What was the holdup? No excuses, the man has got to go and replaced by Mangino !!

Only at Nebraska.

Really?

It took him until LAST WEEK to figure the offense out? What was the holdup? No excuses, the man has got to go and replaced by Mangino !!

Watson had it figured out last year, and it is not that he hasn't 'figured' it out, but he did not have the players. what makes mangino so great? i could see wats going to ku, but not mangino coming here.

Only at Nebraska.

Really?

:bs::bang:wacko::wtf Lets just say I disagree :) as for Mangino why would Nebraska have anything to do with him? Might as well have the former Colorado head coach on the staff all he did was make fun of a girl kicker and get hookers for recruits. <_<