Student Section Question

Schu

Wow.. surprised to hear what carlfense is saying....

I've HEARD that east stadium gate people are dicks, but I'm always in south... as for them....

I know for one, that we have NEVER had a problem getting different people into a game with an ID that looks absolutely nothing like the person.. We've even had a guy get in w/ a girls ID..

Even when its my id and my ticket, all i do is show the ticket covering the picture of the ID and showing the "N" on the Ncard... and it hasnt mattered what time i've gone to the game.. had to work before some n shown up 20 minutes before kickoff, and been there before the gates open..

So as far as south goes, if you have an Ncard, you'll be set.. no need to worry about it.. they have like 2 people checking 50 people a minute going through the area to let you into sec 23... once you get past those guys, you don't even need your id....

oh, 1 more thing...

last year a friend didn't have an id... so we had 2 tickets and just my id.. I went into the ticket office (not the outside window) and talked to a lady about it... I went into her and told her that my wallet had fallen out of my back pocket in the car, and that someone dropped us off and was all the way across town now... i said all i had was my debit card and ticket... She said if i gave her my NU ID number, and the money for the validation, if i brought back my ID that next week, she'd give me the money for validation back.. and i went back and got the money by just showing my id... I didnt even have to beg or anything so i'd assume it wasn't the first time that had happened.

Here's my experience with south stadium:

The gates open 90 minutes before kickoff. I usually show up about 30-45 minutes before the gates open. They have fences around the area where the student section waits and an entrance on each side. The people there check your ID and ticket. It doesn't matter if the names don't match because students sell tickets to other students all the time. When the gates open it's a mad rush and they either scan your ticket or mark it with a sharpie. I've never had them scan or look at my ID.

For the Oklahoma game I showed up in the area outside the stadium about 2 hours before the gates opened. The people that usually look at your ID and ticket weren't even there yet so I didn't even need an ID really. When the gates opened the lady scanning the tickets kept scanning people's tickets that were coming in behind me and not mine. Then she stopped to yell at the people for pushing so I just left without getting scanned.

So as other people have said, the earlier you go, the less likely you will need an ID. Just make sure you're in the big mass of people going in when the gates open and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Does Don still run the food service there at Northwestern?? How are the "Red Raiders" doing in football?

No, I think they got a new guy either this year or last year who does the food service. We went 7-3 this year and missed the playoffs. Overall, I think the players were disappointed but it was still a good year.

Anybody know if UNO IDs work as good as N cards? I have never bothered trying and have always just bored someone's Ncard, I am just curious. They really don't check the IDs very closely. Most of the time I just put the ticket over the picture part and just walk on by. Just act like you've done it before and they don't bother looking. The last few home games I have used an Asian girls Ncard and I am a white male lol.

my .02........

You are driving around 3 hours to go to a football game.........

I understand being a college student and all some weeks $40 can be a lot......

But if $40 is all you have to pay to insure you didn't drive all the way down and not get in the game.... I'd get them validated!!!!

Anybody know if UNO IDs work as good as N cards?

No.

They may not be attentive, they may be old, but they aren't stupid.

I wasn't meaning to trick them. I was just wondering if they worked because they are part of the university system. If I'm going to trick them I am just going to keep using other student's Ncards.

Does Don still run the food service there at Northwestern?? How are the "Red Raiders" doing in football?

No, I think they got a new guy either this year or last year who does the food service. We went 7-3 this year and missed the playoffs. Overall, I think the players were disappointed but it was still a good year.

Wow! Don has been there for years. I wonder what happened to him? They always seem to have a pretty good FB program there. I used to live in O.C.